Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: We need a new name

Your rules your forum but I must say they donít fit todayís political climate. Politics turned into a dog eat dog nightmare and itís no accident. There are big big problems facing this country and they must be treated with firm resolve and a strong spine. When the left side of the isle controlled this forum there was no mercy given to the opposition, none... I have the first amendment right to state my opinion without censorship and reprisal. Iím sure you would agree with that... Thanks...
    Last edited by tucker; 07-21-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

btw... I’m not a 71 year old high school student. I’ve seen a lot, I’ve been through a lot, I’ve learned a lot... I continue to learn... Thanks...

My preferred subjects are irony, the bizarre nature and the mental instability of Homo sapiens.

What causes War? The above and much more....

So you are saying that because today's politics are so polarised, we should polarise them more? And I'm always worried when someone suggests that what is needed is "firm resolve and a strong spine". Because that is usually followed by a suggestion of some form of authoritarianism. When people in public office use words like that they are generally working towards "the ends justify the means" - which is generally a good definition of a fanatic. What exactly DO you think is needed? Because if your plan is to stop the polarisation of politics then forcing things on people is seldom a good way to start.

Also, going briefly back to the topic at hand, I think "The Crucible" is the best suggestion so far. Anyone any serious objections?

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    So you are saying that because today's politics are so polarised, we should polarise them more? And I'm always worried when someone suggests that what is needed is "firm resolve and a strong spine". Because that is usually followed by a suggestion of some form of authoritarianism. When people in public office use words like that they are generally working towards "the ends justify the means" - which is generally a good definition of a fanatic. What exactly DO you think is needed? Because if your plan is to stop the polarisation of politics then forcing things on people is seldom a good way to start.
    No. He's saying the reason politics are so polarized today is because leftists have made it that way. The push back you're now getting from the right is only the beginning. Keep sanitizing speech and it's just going to make it worse. But fascists never listen, they always believe they are right as they continue to place more and more restrictions on what speech they consider "acceptable."

We are now at the point where leftists have pushed to remove terms like "manhole" and "chairman" from every day speech. We've also gotten to the point where parents are being forced to let their children decide what sex they are because of the pro-freak propaganda being pushed on them daily. I don't listen to leftists and have ZERO respect for them. I see them as the enemy they are and no longer have any desire to "debate" them. They are peddlers of doublespeak and continue to push to end civilization in their words and actions.

The question you must ask yourself is why do you defend this behavior.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    And I'm always worried when someone suggests that what is needed is "firm resolve and a strong spine". Because that is usually followed by a suggestion of some form of authoritarianism.
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall, l see a new rule is in the hall. . Something about stay on topic or ya get the boot.

You may not see it, but you've described what's happening here now. And that's OK. That you're acting as "others" are authoritarian is a laugher.

TLR hasn't been moderated since 2016 (except for spammers)... that's been clear to everyone that visits here regularly. That it took this long for the powers that be to notice speaks volumes. It takes at least two people of opposing political persuasion to handle this thing properly.

Good luck with it. I predict it'll be a liberal circle jerk in no time. And that this post will be deleted.

Off Topic.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-22-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall, l see a new rule is in the hall. . Something about stay on topic or ya get the boot.

You may not see it, but you've described what's happening here now. And that's OK. That you're acting as "others" are authoritarian is a laugher.

TLR hasn't been moderated since 2016 (except for spammers)... that's been clear to everyone that visits here regularly. That it took this long for the powers that be to notice speaks volumes. It takes at least two people of opposing political persuasion to handle this thing properly.

Good luck with it. I predict it'll be a liberal circle jerk in no time. And that this post will be deleted.

While technically it is off topic, it is at least reasonably thought out. I' may move it to a new thread later, so it becomes the topic.

Abuse

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Abuse

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    As do I.

As far as this radical left nonsense. Perhaps a new thread when time allows. It might be an interesting hot forging of what the crucible has mixed.
    I was led to believe "Me Too" or "I Agree" posts were verboten as they "add nothing"?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Yes, that was Me-Too.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Off Topic.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19