Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

From monday 22nd July a new rule...

From Monday there will be a new rule:

STAY ON TOPIC.

If your post is not relevant, and especially if it's little more than a "me too" post then it will be removed. If you have nothing useful to add, don't add anything. I'll accept some natural deviation - no thread ever stays completely on topic - but not much.

This will be added to the main rule post.

Re: From monday 22nd July a new rule...

Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

So far we havenít seen a topic except four with your name on them and one from The Wise One. Iím having a blast reading direct orders from the top and being ridiculed, cautioned and otherwise abused... This is the most fun Iíve had since losing virginity...

Off Topic.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-22-2019 at 01:25 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    So far we haven’t seen a topic except four with your name on them and one from The Wise One.

Create one?

Very good rolleyes II lasted less than 24 hours, I think.

I created a thread and you delete posts...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Very good rolleyes II lasted less than 24 hours, I think.

I created a thread and you delete posts...
    JimZ, the godfather of the rolleyes thread, is rolling in his grave (assuming that's where he is, noone ever said for sure). Closing a thread because someone agreed certainly breaks new territory for controversy.

Clearly, the intent here is to get rid of unwanted members of the forum. There is no other reasonable explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Create one?
    Right. That's proven to work real well.

The rolleyes thread you just closed was a copy of the most popular thread of all time, using the same words JimZ used sixteen years ago (AMD was changed to PCP). I made the thread as a test to see if your intentions are as honest as you portray them to be. You closed it after one inoffensive comment.

You may as well close the forum if that's how you're gonna roll. The charade is silly.

Off Topic, and me-too.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-23-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Off Topic.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-23-2019 at 03:52 PM.

One may ask, what's wrong with a thread that has no central point aside from a rambling discussion of one's latest thoughts, assuming that no other rule violations occur? As Dutch noted, the rolleyes news of the day was the most popular thread of all time in the former forum. . .

I'm not a fan of personal abuse, in person or anonymously. I have rarely posted here for several years, partly due to the highly charged atmosphere but mostly just because I've had other things to do with my time. The site owners aren't liable to notice a drop in traffic should I stop visiting altogether. They may well notice a drop if the past couple of weeks here are to be expected for the foreseeable future. If that's their desire, then I second the notion to simply shut down this branch of the forum. If that isn't the intent, then in the words of the late, great Sergeant Hulka, my advice is "lighten up Francis".

We all walk around with our own sense of normal/abnormal, right/wrong, offensive/innocent. If you go around seeking to find offense, you'll spend all your time stifling free exchange of thoughts. That's not to defend personal attacks or incendiary speech, that's just to suggest you consider tweaking the threshold on your current standards.

^^^^ The topics you would avoid bringing up at Thanksgiving dinner are what made TLR. If you come in with a list of "trigger warnings" you might as well keep walking. The topics worth talking about require a thick skin both on the part of the participants and the moderation.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^ Politcs is not nice and polite. The political discussions Iíve seen in other places are worse than the TLR was. They chop off heads...

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    One may ask, what's wrong with a thread that has no central point aside from a rambling discussion of one's latest thoughts, assuming that no other rule violations occur?

Well, first, that rule violation did occur, and you just agreed that it did. The rules are there to be enforced. I enforced them. Why are you now complaining?

Second, if you want rambling threads of no purpose, go to OT. That's what it's there for.