Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: From monday 22nd July a new rule...

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ Politcs is not nice and polite. The political discussions I’ve seen in other places are worse than the TLR was. They chop off heads...

Let's try and keep this simple.

1) This is not TLR.
    2) This is not other places either.

Therefore neither of these facts are relevant. I do not expect you to be "nice", but I expect you to behave like adults. The rules are there to ensure this. The rules are not difficult to understand, or difficult to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Let's try and keep this simple.

1) This is not TLR.
    2) This is not other places either.

Therefore neither of these facts are relevant. I do not expect you to be "nice", but I expect you to behave like adults. The rules are there to ensure this. The rules are not difficult to understand, or difficult to follow.
    If that's your take, drop the "New TLR (to be called something else). Just drop the charade, call it whatever you're going to call it... you've more than likely already chosen the name. It doesn't matter at all.

As an aside, this idea that banter is outlawed in a forum is ridiculous. You say its not "other places". It appears to be the "new place with a bunch of rules". Good luck with that. You'll either lighten up or the place will dry up.

Rule 6

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Rule 6

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    It's the same wherever libs are in control. They completely control the conversation claiming to be the "adults in the room" and either everyone leaves or the forum/comments section is just shut down altogether.
    Yeah, I get that (might get deleted for saying that). The opening salvo was being told we "act like we're in high school", but I'd wager our average age is 60+, most of us own our own homes and vehicles, have our own families, many served in the armed forces already, we've been here an average of well over fifteen years, but the powers to be will make sure you don't belittle anyone.

I'm seeing it becoming similar to the high school hall monitor's club.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 07-24-2019 at 03:11 PM. Reason: dropped the inadvertent word, "make".

Quote from deleted post removed.

M

Simply put, we're blunt. We're old enough and have enough experience to not feel the need to mince words or game the system to come to the same conclusion. When someone claims black is white we call them a liar.

The overriding rule for whatever you want to name this joint should be: If you are too thin skinned you should probably steer clear.

At the end of the day I don't care if what I say "triggers" you. That bar can be set so low we all know the endgame is complete censorship.
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Rule 6

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Rule 6

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:20 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    The rule itself is absurd on face value.

"rambling threads of no purpose"

All threads/posts serve a purpose.. it's called a discussion. If the discussion goes nowhere the thread dies of lack of interest. If people participate whether you feel it's rambling or not, it's "purpose" is served.

I feel less smart for having to point that out... but it is part of a discussion right? Or am I rambling?

But what if the discussion isn't going the direction you feel it should? There's the problem.

Rule 5

M

Rule 5

M
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Rule 5

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-24-2019 at 02:21 AM.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    The opening salvo was being told we "act like we're in high school", but I'd wager our average age is 60+,

What makes you think these are mutually exclusive? "In school" and "behave like you're in school" are not the same thing. I've seen children who behave like adults and adults who behave children. I'm sure you have as well. Where you recognise it is what divides us.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    What makes you think these are mutually exclusive? "In school" and "behave like you're in school" are not the same thing. I've seen children who behave like adults and adults who behave children. I'm sure you have as well. Where you recognise it is what divides us.
    That wasn't the point at all. Or the claim. Try again with the last sentence of the first paragraph... then consider what rule you use to shut people up with.

Ah the old "You're a hypocrite" gambit. I'm fatally wounded.