Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 434
  1. #106
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Childish


    M

    With all due respect, I seem to have missed that rule as much as I missed why a post of mine was deleted as a personal attack. Obviously you have a plan and for that I wish you all the success.
    Last edited by otoc; 08-02-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  2. #107
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Personal attack


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-02-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  3. #108
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote from deleted post removed.

    M


    To be clear, this was a response to otoc.

    You're calling the following passive-aggressive and I have to say, its not at all. In truth, its confrontational:

    Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA. As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place.
    So, as is so often said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

    To the kid having mice (not rats) in a few of his thousands of Baltimore rental units... nice squirrel.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-02-2019 at 05:36 PM.

  4. #109
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Abuse. And missing the point.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-03-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  5. #110
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-03-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #111
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Rule 3.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-03-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  7. #112
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Rule 6.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-03-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #113
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Rule 6


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-03-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  9. #114
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Quote from deleted post removed.

    M


    To be clear, this was a response to otoc.

    You're calling the following passive-aggressive and I have to say, its not at all. In truth, its confrontational:
    Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA. As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place.

    So, as is so often said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

    To the kid having mice (not rats) in a few of his thousands of Baltimore rental units... nice squirrel.
    I find these posts interesting on several levels.

    The first is it seems to be ok under the M rules to reopen deleted posts, attributing the arguments without quotes based on memory. I've already instituted my 2 day rule of withholding comment until the deletions occur. Seems I need to add another 2 days? That, with being the only liberal voice here having to answer multiple responses alone, make this place rather tedious. To be clear, M, I'm not debating your actions. I am observing and offering feedback.

    So dutch,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    To be clear, this was a response to otoc.

    You're calling the following passive-aggressive and I have to say, its not at all. In truth, its confrontational:
    Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA. As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place.
    No I wasn't calling your example of trump tweets as passive aggressive. I'm not even sure what I wrote because it was deleted as was yours.

    I can say Trump made a series of tweets and you combine 2 into one. The wrong ones if you are referencing anything I wrote in the past. But notice my bold of a word you included in your post. We're going to circle back on it later.

    I referenced a trump tweet here shortly before the flurry of M deletes:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...52#post4608252
    Note the quoted phrase about 'human' in my post please.
    Now look at trump's tweet made minutes after your examples. He was on a roll that morning.
    Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!
    You want to argue that the bolded phrase wasn't a passive aggressive opening towards the race card of division? OK. Try it. But remember, it is a fact that people reacted to those words because cummings is black and baltimore has a black majority.

    And sure, trumps tweets are confrontational. I hope you aren't alluding that your argument is I don't think that. I'd argue all forms of aggression are confrontational, be they passive or direct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    So, as is so often said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
    No idea what your point is here other than your fact that I was referring to 2 tweets made by trump was wrong.
    Does that mean your opinion was also wrong? Tough to tell with one liners so I'll give you the benefit of doubt and ask you to elaborate before I cast my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    To the kid having mice (not rats) in a few of his thousands of Baltimore rental units... nice squirrel.
    Not quite sure what to make of this one either. I guess if you are responding to a different post with words later edited into here.
    I could wonder if you were still on the original point of your edited post defining something as confrontational. Other than that, I already let you have your expressed opinion here and chose not to respond. I expressed my opinion as did you...
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...53#post4608253

    However, since you diminish kushner as 'the kid', call it a 'squirrel' (whatever that means) instead of kushner being a senior white house advisor responsible for things like peace in the middle east and solving the opioid problem, I'd say look at the bolded word in your original quote. The one about rodents, which are all about mice.

    You might ask why would I include kushners responsibility regarding an attack on cummings whom we have already agreed has no impact on his local district or city.

    Because trump's senior advisor has more of a direct impact on the problems he says 'no human would want to live' than cummings. A direct impact to a problem trump brought to the national stage about Baltimore. That's my opinion based on the facts I see. You see, my facts include your facts and more.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  10. #115
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I find these posts interesting on several levels.

    The first is it seems to be ok under the M rules to reopen deleted posts, attributing the arguments without quotes based on memory. I've already instituted my 2 day rule of withholding comment until the deletions occur. Seems I need to add another 2 days? That, with being the only liberal voice here having to answer multiple responses alone, make this place rather tedious. To be clear, M, I'm not debating your actions. I am observing and offering feedback.

    So dutch,

    No I wasn't calling your example of trump tweets as passive aggressive. I'm not even sure what I wrote because it was deleted as was yours.

    I can say Trump made a series of tweets and you combine 2 into one. The wrong ones if you are referencing anything I wrote in the past. But notice my bold of a word you included in your post. We're going to circle back on it later.

    I referenced a trump tweet here shortly before the flurry of M deletes:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...52#post4608252
    Note the quoted phrase about 'human' in my post please.
    Now look at trump's tweet made minutes after your examples. He was on a roll that morning.

    You want to argue that the bolded phrase wasn't a passive aggressive opening towards the race card of division? OK. Try it. But remember, it is a fact that people reacted to those words because cummings is black and baltimore has a black majority.

    And sure, trumps tweets are confrontational. I hope you aren't alluding that your argument is I don't think that. I'd argue all forms of aggression are confrontational, be they passive or direct.


    No idea what your point is here other than your fact that I was referring to 2 tweets made by trump was wrong.
    Does that mean your opinion was also wrong? Tough to tell with one liners so I'll give you the benefit of doubt and ask you to elaborate before I cast my opinion.


    Not quite sure what to make of this one either. I guess if you are responding to a different post with words later edited into here.
    I could wonder if you were still on the original point of your edited post defining something as confrontational. Other than that, I already let you have your expressed opinion here and chose not to respond. I expressed my opinion as did you...
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...53#post4608253

    However, since you diminish kushner as 'the kid', call it a 'squirrel' (whatever that means) instead of kushner being a senior white house advisor responsible for things like peace in the middle east and solving the opioid problem, I'd say look at the bolded word in your original quote. The one about rodents, which are all about mice.

    You might ask why would I include kushners responsibility regarding an attack on cummings whom we have already agreed has no impact on his local district or city.

    Because trump's senior advisor has more of a direct impact on the problems he says 'no human would want to live' than cummings. A direct impact to a problem trump brought to the national stage about Baltimore. That's my opinion based on the facts I see. You see, my facts include your facts and more.
    I didn't open a deleted post, merely added the comment that it was in response to you (it wasn't clear when the portion quoting you was deleted).

    As to proving a comment is passive aggressive by pointing out one sentence from a dialogue as the lone example... nah, especially since you're doing it after the fact in an attempt to prove a point you made earlier that was summarily disproven.

  11. #116
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Abuse.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-04-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  12. #117
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    I was speed reading earlier, so missed this gem:

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    However, since you diminish kushner as 'the kid', call it a 'squirrel' (whatever that means) instead of kushner being a senior white house advisor...
    In my eyes, he's a kid. Probably the same in Trumps eyes. Its not meant to diminish. I won't jump to the "diminishing" conclusion because you don't capitalize his name.

    As to the "squirrel" reference you're unclear about... Maybe reread the numerous times you reacted to the movie "Up" reference with knowledge.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-04-2019 at 02:15 PM.

  13. #118
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I was speed reading earlier, so missed this gem:



    In my eyes, he's a kid. Probably the same in Trumps eyes. Its not meant to diminish.

    As to the "squirrel" reference you're unclear about... Maybe reread the numerous times you reacted to the movie "Up" reference with knowledge.

    The patented "squirrel" to "Schhultzie" shuffle. Rinse, wash, repeat for 15+ years.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  14. #119
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    The patented "squirrel" to "Schhultzie" shuffle. Rinse, wash, repeat for 15+ years.
    I know nothing!!!

    And I suppose its to be expected... but the long distortions to redefine words are always hilarious. Especially in a thread about fake vs. fact... Clearly, passive aggression avoids confrontation by definition.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-04-2019 at 04:19 PM.

  15. #120
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    No human being would want to live there.
    You want to argue that the bolded phrase wasn't a passive aggressive opening towards the race card of division? OK. Try it. But remember, it is a fact that people reacted to those words because cummings is black and baltimore has a black majority.
    Its not easy arguing that something isn't what it isn't. Maybe you should make the argument that it is what you say it is.

    That said, I don't see anything whatsoever in those words that even hints at racism (or the word salad of "opening towards the race card of division"). Simply saying that some think it is doesn't make it so. Within its context (or without, actually) its certainly not passive aggressive. You'll have to explain that one.

    Would you want to live where there are rat infestations? Do you know anyone that would? How, exactly, is saying the obvious racist?

    Your side of politics has claimed dang near everything said to people of any non-white color by those on the right is racist. That doesn't make it so. In the same vein, calling people on the right Nazis, white supremacists, etc., doesn't make that so either.

    You're using a common left wing tactic of desperation... using reactions to words as judgement of those words instead of what they actually say. Its an overplayed hand. Were it poker, I'd call.

    Having spent a lot racing breaks here today, I'll look forward to some word salad in four days or so...
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-04-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •