Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 433
  1. #241
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #242
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Let it go tucker. New rules. Express an opinion but be respectful not snarky. We are guests here.



    Fact or fake?
    I see lots of opinions here. So not biting.

    But I will look at this 401k nonsense since it’s a measurable item.
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html
    Seems you are wrong on those facts,lol.
    Fact is, it was fake.

    Digging out of the depths of the Great Recession was a long and slow process, though. Annual GDP growth never topped 3% in the Obama era.

    Hoping to juice the economy, the Fed kept pumping easy money into the system. The unprecedented experiment helped send stocks soaring — the S&P 500 nearly tripled during the Obama era — but also contributed to wealth inequality and populism.
    When the dollar is devalued, especially that way, percentages of growth are not necessarily growth at all. Its basic math. That's why the numbers grew and the economy flat-lined. We all paid for it by losing value in our assets.

    Clever on the not so subtle mod back-up, by the way. Time to wipe that nose.

  3. #243
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults.



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  4. #244
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod.



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  5. #245
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #246
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    I'm not even sure what that was. But it's not adult debate.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  7. #247
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #248
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Still struggling with the whole "arguing with a mod" thing I see.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  9. #249
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  10. #250
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote from deleted post removed.


    M



    Fake or Fact

    The constitution under attack... The two guardian amendments of the constitution are being over run by the radical left.... Evil is inside the wire... The first amendment? It’s more obvious there’s big trouble with the spoken word and the right to peacefully assemble for example Antifa and BLM... The second amendment is the


    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ter-mcglockton

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/par...-deal-for-guns



    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Deletion won’t change a thing it will just make those words stronger and insure they will never disappear...
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-24-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  11. #251
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me too post.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-24-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  12. #252
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Still arguing with a mod.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  13. #253
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,598

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 03:05 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  14. #254
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,812

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Let it go tucker. New rules. Express an opinion but be respectful not snarky. We are guests here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Fake or Fact


    https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog-...new-deal-cost/


    https://www.crfb.org/blogs/how-much-...icare-all-cost


    https://quillette.com/2018/09/29/the...llege-for-all/


    Multiply by 50

    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sall...-the-taxpayers

    Putting a democrat in the White House will bring many old memories...

    For example the 401k(s) you used to have, the checking account you used to have, the savings account you used to have, that wallet that used to have money in it. That new car(s) filled with gas you used to have, that refrigerator filled with food you used to have, the light switch’s you used to use, the lawnmower you used to used use. The washer and dryer you can’t use, the air conditioner you used to use, the heater you used to use, the stove you used to cook on. Just to many old memories to name. Best of all the house you used to own...

    The good things. A rainbow color windmill in the front yard, a backyard filled with solar panels, a 18 wheeler parked out front filled with money so you can buy a loaf of bread. Ten new illegal house guests, they have more money than you do. Pictures of Old Sleepy Joe on the Wall, don’t forget the pictures of the Squad, Auntie Max, Nadler and Schiff. There will be no bullets for the guns you own, Perfect!

    Just to many wonderful things to count... Vote DNC!....
    Fact or fake?
    I see lots of opinions here. So not biting.

    But I will look at this 401k nonsense since it’s a measurable item.
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html
    Seems you are wrong on those facts,lol.


    Fact is, it was fake.
    Digging out of the depths of the Great Recession was a long and slow process, though. Annual GDP growth never topped 3% in the Obama era.

    Hoping to juice the economy, the Fed kept pumping easy money into the system. The unprecedented experiment helped send stocks soaring — the S&P 500 nearly tripled during the Obama era — but also contributed to wealth inequality and populism.

    When the dollar is devalued, especially that way, percentages of growth are not necessarily growth at all. Its basic math. That's why the numbers grew and the economy flat-lined. We all paid for it by losing value in our assets.
    I'll assume your 'it was fake' fact is your need to focus on Obama when overall party comparisons are made in prior discussion with others.

    What I posted was basic math, an answer to tucker about 401Ks and presidents assuming 401Ks are stock market driven. Which they are.


    Now about your complicated math that you write is 'basic'. Let's see if I understand your 'basic math' in terms of:
    "That's why the numbers grew and the economy flat-lined. We all paid for it by losing value in our assets."

    Where was the devaluation of those stocks used in your 'basic math'? Inflation?

    Obama inflation trends were not out of the ordinary.

    Are you equating GDP with the value of stocks? That's a reach.

    Seems the US/Obama weathered the economy as well as other established markets. I don't consider year over year GDP increases as 'flatlining', lol. That is, aside from the new players like China and India. But how did that affect your 401K value?

    Or are you equating 401K value with "Overall US Dollar Value". By which measure, and why--- if this was your point on value?






    Or is it we once again have a dutch dismissal to a post, complete with a 'basic math' barb, that is simply based on a cherry pick of a link I posted?

    You want to focus on Obama? It's my opinion that you need to also show what Obama received from the outgoing president bush and post the quotes in full instead of jumping off a cherry pick with vague opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bush
    Investors who bet that a businessman in the White House would translate into strong returns were badly disappointed during President George W. Bush’s presidency.

    The S&P 500 declined 40% under Bush, the worst among modern administrations.

    Bush inherited the dotcom bust, which spawned the 2001 recession. The downturn was deepened by the 9/11 terror attacks.

    Growth gathered steam in 2004 and 2005, fueled in part by low interest rates and the housing boom. But that bubble also popped in spectacular fashion, ushering in the Great Recession and the scariest financial crisis in a generation.

    In the final quarter of Bush’s tenure, GDP plummeted at an 8.4% annual rate. Unemployment began rising rapidly. The S&P 500 plummeted 38% in 2008, its worst year since the Great Depression.

    1st term -12%
    2nd term -31%
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    The Wall Street meltdown continued during the first few months of President Barack Obama’s presidency.

    The financial and auto industries teetered on the brink of collapse before government bailouts saved them both. Unemployment would peak at 10% in 2009, doubling in barely a year.

    The stock market bottomed out in March 2009, but then the economy slowly healed, beginning what would eventually become the longest bull market in American history.


    Digging out of the depths of the Great Recession was a long and slow process, though. Annual GDP growth never topped 3% in the Obama era.

    Hoping to juice the economy, the Fed kept pumping easy money into the system. The unprecedented experiment helped send stocks soaring — the S&P 500 nearly tripled during the Obama era — but also contributed to wealth inequality and populism.

    1st term +85%
    2nd term +53%
    Let's not be vague now. Care to share some simple links to better illustrate your vague 'simple math' please? Because it's my opinion I can't make sense of your opinion that you label as fact. All I see is Obama did quite well for 401Ks considering what he had to deal with.





    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Clever on the not so subtle mod back-up, by the way. Time to wipe that nose.
    Really? In my opinion it appears your bias colors how you read things and look to do clever insults that go under M's radar.

    I was directly posting to tucker because I grew tired of seeing post after post get edited out. You read too much into things based on how you perceive others. If I wanted to direct something to M, I'd address it to M.


    Like now. Now I will address Meridian directly...

    The reference to 'Time to wipe that nose' after referencing you is a reference to the US colloquial 'brownnose' insult 'that servility is equivalent to having one's nose in the anus of the person from whom advancement is sought'.


    I do implore you to leave this post as well as dutch's. I worked hard to show how dutch works hard to insert opinion as fact to dismiss another's post without backing it up, and I feel the brownnose 'wipe' fell flat as a childish insult.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  15. #255
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    ^^^ Why in the world would you alter other peoples' posts before you quote them?

    That's in reference to my own post.

    Neither Bush nor Obama said the things you present as their own words. Translation: fake.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-25-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •