Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 469
  1. #256
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Quote from deleted post removed.


    M



    Fake or Fact

    The constitution under attack... The two guardian amendments of the constitution are being over run by the radical left.... Evil is inside the wire... The first amendment? Its more obvious theres big trouble with the spoken word and the right to peacefully assemble for example Antifa and BLM...
    That's pretty vague. So I guess it's neither fact, nor fake. Just another opinion of yours that we've seen complete with the need to paint anyone you don't agree with as 'evil' and 'radical'.

    That's a pretty wide brush you are using.


    Your first link is a state law being decided by a jury of his peers.

    The second is what, someone calling for buy back programs and background checks? How does that wipe the 2nd any more than assault weapon bans and carry rules apply? This link also has the NRA/Whitehouse background check disputed noted. What's your point? Is trump now an evil radical?

    Here's some facts for you, tucker.

    The NRA has a few internal problems of their own and they are the ones feeding this slippery slope of any attempt to deal with the US mass shootings is an attack on the 2nd. And as your 2nd link showed, an external problem to that strategy may include trump.

    And of course there's this point about what number might affect public opinion...
    There's a gun for every American. But less than a third own guns.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  2. #257
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    ^^^ Question for ya, otoc. What's an "assault weapon"?

  3. #258
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Question for ya, otoc. What's an "assault weapon"?
    He has no idea what an assault weapon is it could be a Lone Ranger cap gun... Im proud to say Im among the 1/3... I own many guns... I plan to own many more...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  4. #259
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too and insults.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  5. #260
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #261
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    "Assault weapon" is one of those leftist words that comes without any clear definition, like the words, climate change, racist, white supremicist, homophobic, etc. Without clear definitions they can be freely assigned to anyone or anything the speaker chooses.

    They work like common core does as a teaching method. Anything can be what you choose it to be. Its how men compete in womens' sport... if you find that strange, you're transphobic. Fact becomes fake and fake becomes fact.
    Here's your sign.

  7. #262
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults.



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #263
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote from deleted post removed.


    As was the post and insult.



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-25-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  9. #264
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-26-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  10. #265
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults etc



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-26-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  11. #266
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-27-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  12. #267
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Why in the world would you alter other peoples' posts before you quote them?

    That's in reference to my own post.

    Neither Bush nor Obama said the things you present as their own words. Translation: fake.
    I altered none of your words. None. Fake.

    Sorry you didn't read my words in the post you object to.
    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Or is it we once again have a dutch dismissal to a post, complete with a 'basic math' barb, that is simply based on a cherry pick of a link I posted?

    You want to focus on Obama? It's my opinion that you need to also show what Obama received from the outgoing president bush and post the quotes in full instead of jumping off a cherry pick with vague opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush
    Investors who bet that a businessman in the White House would translate into strong returns were badly disappointed during President George W. Bushs presidency.

    The S&P 500 declined 40% under Bush, the worst among modern administrations.

    Bush inherited the dotcom bust, which spawned the 2001 recession. The downturn was deepened by the 9/11 terror attacks.

    Growth gathered steam in 2004 and 2005, fueled in part by low interest rates and the housing boom. But that bubble also popped in spectacular fashion, ushering in the Great Recession and the scariest financial crisis in a generation.

    In the final quarter of Bushs tenure, GDP plummeted at an 8.4% annual rate. Unemployment began rising rapidly. The S&P 500 plummeted 38% in 2008, its worst year since the Great Depression.

    1st term -12%
    2nd term -31%
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    The Wall Street meltdown continued during the first few months of President Barack Obamas presidency.

    The financial and auto industries teetered on the brink of collapse before government bailouts saved them both. Unemployment would peak at 10% in 2009, doubling in barely a year.

    The stock market bottomed out in March 2009, but then the economy slowly healed, beginning what would eventually become the longest bull market in American history.


    Digging out of the depths of the Great Recession was a long and slow process, though. Annual GDP growth never topped 3% in the Obama era.

    Hoping to juice the economy, the Fed kept pumping easy money into the system. The unprecedented experiment helped send stocks soaring the S&P 500 nearly tripled during the Obama era but also contributed to wealth inequality and populism.

    1st term +85%
    2nd term +53%


    Let's not be vague now. Care to share some simple links to better illustrate your vague 'simple math' please? Because it's my opinion I can't make sense of your opinion that you label as fact. All I see is Obama did quite well for 401Ks considering what he had to deal with.
    Obviously Neither bush nor obama wrote those words. They were sourced from my earlier response to tucker and about the bush and obama stock performance in response to your cherry pick about obama. Hope that clears up your 'confusion'.

    Still waiting for your 'simple math' illustration.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  13. #268
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Question for ya, otoc. What's an "assault weapon"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    He has no idea what an assault weapon is it could be a Lone Ranger cap gun... Im proud to say Im among the 1/3... I own many guns... I plan to own many more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "Assault weapon" is one of those leftist words that comes without any clear definition, like the words, climate change, racist, white supremicist, homophobic, etc. Without clear definitions they can be freely assigned to anyone or anything the speaker chooses.

    They work like common core does as a teaching method. Anything can be what you choose it to be. Its how men compete in womens' sport... if you find that strange, you're transphobic. Fact becomes fake and fake becomes fact.
    Here's your sign.
    Ahh, when finding words for a response to actual words fail, there is always the logical fallacy of ad hominem to turn to.

    What I think an assault rifle ban was is what the assault rifle ban was.
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban
    Definition of assault weapon
    Under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, the definition of "assault weapon" included specific semi-automatic firearm models by name, and other semi-automatic firearms that possessed two or more from a set certain features:[14]

    Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    • Folding or telescoping stock
    • Pistol grip
    • Bayonet mount
    • Flash hider or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    • Grenade launcher
    • Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    • Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
    • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
    • Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
    • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
    • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
    • Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
    • Folding or telescoping stock
    • Pistol grip
    • Detachable magazine.


    The law also categorically banned the following makes and models of semi-automatic firearms and any copies or duplicates of them, in any caliber:

    Name of firearm Preban federal legal status
    • Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (AKs) (all models)
    • Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil
    • Beretta AR-70 (SC-70)
    • Colt AR-15
    • Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN-LAR, FNC
    • SWD (MAC type) M-10, M-11, M11/9, M12
    • Steyr AUG
    • INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22
    • Revolving cylinder shotguns such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12

    Here's a study on the effect of the ban:
    BACKGROUND A federal assault weapons ban has been proposed as a way to reduce mass shootings in the United States. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 made the manufacture and civilian use of a defined set of automatic and semiautomatic weapons and large capacity magazines illegal. The ban expired in 2004. The period from 1994 to 2004 serves as a single-arm pre-post observational study to assess the effectiveness of this policy intervention.

    METHODS Mass shooting data for 1981 to 2017 were obtained from three well-documented, referenced, and open-source sets of data, based on media reports. We calculated the yearly rates of mass shooting fatalities as a proportion of total firearm homicide deaths and per US population. We compared the 1994 to 2004 federal ban period to non-ban periods, using simple linear regression models for rates and a Poison model for counts with a year variable to control for trend. The relative effects of the ban period were estimated with odds ratios.

    RESULTS Assault rifles accounted for 430 or 85.8% of the total 501 mass-shooting fatalities reported (95% confidence interval, 82.888.9) in 44 mass-shooting incidents. Mass shootings in the United States accounted for an increasing proportion of all firearm-related homicides (coefficient for year, 0.7; p = 0.0003), with increment in year alone capturing over a third of the overall variance in the data (adjusted R2 = 0.3). In a linear regression model controlling for yearly trend, the federal ban period was associated with a statistically significant 9 fewer mass shooting related deaths per 10,000 firearm homicides (p = 0.03). Mass-shooting fatalities were 70% less likely to occur during the federal ban period (relative rate, 0.30; 95% confidence interval, 0.220.39).

    CONCLUSION Mass-shooting related homicides in the United States were reduced during the years of the federal assault weapons ban of 1994 to 2004.
    As to your last post, how about some examples to go with that opinion? We can use the old TLR as a source. Examples of Homophobic posts were even the subject of conversation leading up to your old forum getting closed. So much for 'clear definition'.

    I still call opinion and painting with a wide brush to tucker's post. It's hard to focus on what I write with you guys continually moving the subject to avoid conversation.
    Last edited by otoc; 08-27-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Had to clean up the wiki post. Don't want the discussion derailed over style.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  14. #269
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,613

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Ahh, when finding words for a response to actual words fail, there is always the logical fallacy of ad hominem to turn to.

    What I think an assault rifle ban was is what the assault rifle ban was.
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban


    Here's a study on the effect of the ban:


    As to your last post, how about some examples to go with that opinion? We can use the old TLR as a source. Examples of Homophobic posts were even the subject of conversation leading up to your old forum getting closed. So much for 'clear definition'.

    I still call opinion and painting with a wide brush to tucker's post. It's hard to focus on what I write with you guys continually moving the subject to avoid conversation.

    The government can call a pig a cow and people like you will believe it. All modern day assault rifles have a standard semi-automatic mode and they all have a selector for fully-automatic mode. Nobody can squeeze a trigger fast enough to equal the rate of fire of a automatic rifle. A long range sniper rife is generally bolt action because a bolt action rife more consistently hits the target... One shot one kill.... I have a dog I named Kat...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  15. #270
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I altered none of your words. None. Fake.
    The question was why you altered the post. I understand your reluctance to be forthcoming.

    Sorry you didn't read my words in the post you object to..
    I read your post.

    Obviously Neither bush nor obama wrote those words. They were sourced from my earlier response to tucker and about the bush and obama stock performance in response to your cherry pick about obama. Hope that clears up your 'confusion'..
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    Still waiting for your 'simple math' illustration.
    Its simple math and was explained. Look at your own graph of the Dollar vs. the Euro in the Obama years is you prefer charts. It won't explain it all, but might send you on a pursuit to find the real non-NYT answer.

    I worked hard to show how dutch works hard to insert opinion as fact to dismiss another's post...
    To be clear, I don't work hard at this. I might spend a few minutes on a post, mostly because my typing skeels aren't very good. This isn't rocket science and I don't rely on the internet for knowledge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •