Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 472
  1. #211
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Me too post


    M
    insult. nationality is irrelevant. you broke the forum rules in a previous post and you were moderated. follow the rules or lose posting privileges.

    -TWO
    Last edited by The Wise One; 08-18-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #212
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,615

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a Mod decision.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-19-2019 at 01:12 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  3. #213
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-19-2019 at 01:16 AM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  4. #214
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    More insults.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-19-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  5. #215
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,813

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Quote from deleted post removed

    M


    Because one whiteman or a small group of whitemen are Racist you canít say all whitemen are racist... Itís exceedingly boring nonsense... For example I could say everybody with otocís skin color is racist but that most likely would be foolish... The Democratic Socialists think everybody is stupid enough to believe what they say... They snag the sheeple every time


    same∑ness
    /ˈsāmnəs/
    noun
    lack of variety; uniformity or monotony.
    "there is a sameness about all the political parties"
    synonyms: similarity, uniformity, resemblance, likeness, alikeness, similitude, closeness, comparability, correspondence, indistinguishability, consistency, equality, equalness, parity, equivalence, interchangeability, parallelism; More
    the quality of being the same; identity or similarity.

    Woke Kids

    A mocking term often used as a Twitter hashtag typically applied to the left wing. It occurs when an adult posts an observation that supposedly came from their child or other minor. Oftentimes, this is false; it actually comes from the adult, and they are just using the child in hopes that it will appeal to emotional heartstrings since a child is saying it. Often because the adult can't articulate their point from a logical standpoint. On occasion, it is a child that says such a thing, but usually the child simply doesn't comprehend the situation fully, or has terrible parents and/or teachers.
    My five year old was telling me that Trump hates him because his teacher said he did. THIS IS ALL TRUMP'S FAULT.
    Love to see a few examples before I might respond. Why not just one example? Because your argument is one is not all.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  6. #216
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,615

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults. And arguing with a mod decision.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-19-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  7. #217
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    More agueing with mod decisions


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  8. #218
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    If you are going to cite free speech arguments, please, please, please actually understand the meaning of "free speech" first. It means the right not to be arrested for anything you say. That's it. And even that has caveats. I'll remind you (for example) that it was an American judge who said "Free speech does not include the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater".

    Free speech does NOT entitle you to a platform, particularly one that you do not pay for in any way. It also does not prevent you creating your own platform. And if you pay for it, then you make the rules. And you employ the people who enforce them. But when you are a guest, as you are here, you obey your hosts rules.

    That is what free speech means. No more, no less.

  9. #219
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,615

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insults/Me Too


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-20-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  10. #220
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,615

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    If you are going to cite free speech arguments, please, please, please actually understand the meaning of "free speech" first. It means the right not to be arrested for anything you say. That's it. And even that has caveats. I'll remind you (for example) that it was an American judge who said "Free speech does not include the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater".

    Free speech does NOT entitle you to a platform, particularly one that you do not pay for in any way. It also does not prevent you creating your own platform. And if you pay for it, then you make the rules. And you employ the people who enforce them. But when you are a guest, as you are here, you obey your hosts rules.

    That is what free speech means. No more, no less.
    Here we go with Fire in crowded theater again. I wonder if anybody actually yelled Fire in a crowded theater. It could be a myth or it might be true. I didnít see it happen I refuse to waste my time verifying...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  11. #221
    Joined
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,889

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    If you are going to cite free speech arguments, please, please, please actually understand the meaning of "free speech" first. It means the right not to be arrested for anything you say. That's it. And even that has caveats. I'll remind you (for example) that it was an American judge who said "Free speech does not include the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater".

    Free speech does NOT entitle you to a platform, particularly one that you do not pay for in any way. It also does not prevent you creating your own platform. And if you pay for it, then you make the rules. And you employ the people who enforce them. But when you are a guest, as you are here, you obey your hosts rules.

    That is what free speech means. No more, no less.
    Understood and agreed, albeit with one minor caveat. Aside from free product provided by manufacturer's for the purpose of evaluation / advertising, I gather the vast bulk of "revenue" arises from ads. Ads pay based upon traffic. Posters here are a part of that traffic. It may be a minute portion, but the "time" posters "invest" here helps "pay" for the site.

    Only the owners of the site can evaluate the results of this dismantling of the old TLR and replacement with the as-yet-unnamed calmer, gentler, and vastly (IMHO) less entertaining version.

    I do hope at some point in the not-too-distant future the owners elect to provide us with some sort of update. What's happened to traffic volume since the change? Maybe it isn't even statistically significant, but I admit to being curious nonetheless.

  12. #222
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    If you are going to cite free speech arguments, please, please, please actually understand the meaning of "free speech" first. It means the right not to be arrested for anything you say. That's it. And even that has caveats. I'll remind you (for example) that it was an American judge who said "Free speech does not include the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater".

    Free speech does NOT entitle you to a platform, particularly one that you do not pay for in any way. It also does not prevent you creating your own platform. And if you pay for it, then you make the rules. And you employ the people who enforce them. But when you are a guest, as you are here, you obey your hosts rules.

    That is what free speech means. No more, no less.
    This is not arguing a decision.. it's a general discussion on free speech and your application of it via "the rules" on this forum. The way you are zipping out content is just plain and simple censorship.

    The one "actually not understanding what free speech means" is the guy I am replying to right now. Calling someone a man is not akin to yelling fire in a theater. It's a really bad and overused analogy.

    It does not guarantee me a platform.. nor am I demanding one. Was not my argument. But if you are going to enforce overseas application of "free speech", which is in no way shape or form "free" (see my example) to a US forum audience, expect kickback.

    Point taken or is this post about to be down the memory hole as well?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  13. #223
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    It is only censorship when a government does it. Because "Free Speech" only applies to governments. What you are asking for (nay, demanding) is the right to be as offensive as you want in someone else's living room. And the people whose living room this is don't want you to be offensive here. If I came in to your house and started shouting abuse about Trump you'd be head of the lynch mob to get me out. Well, you are in someone else's house. Their house, their rules. This is nothing to do with "free speech" or "censorship".
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-20-2019 at 02:32 AM.

  14. #224
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

    Point taken or is this post about to be down the memory hole as well?
    You followed the rules, so why would I? I don't care what your opinions are, only how you express them.

  15. #225
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,615

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    It is only censorship when a government does it. Because "Free Speech" only applies to governments. What you are asking for (nay, demanding) is the right to be as offensive as you want in someone else's living room. And the people whose living room this is don't want you to be offensive here. If I came in to your house and started shouting abuse about Trump you'd be head of the lynch mob to get me out. Well, you are in someone else's house. Their house, their rules. This is nothing to do with "free speech" or "censorship".
    With all due respect I think youíre making more erroneous comparisons. Censorship is not just in the government itís in Twitter, Facebook, Google and the mainstream media. I donít know how it is in your country but in my country nobody is forced to read anything. If you donít like what you are reading you simply move on. The living room stuff is the most erroneous of all. When I have friends and family in my living room I purposely avoid talking politics. Politics is an explosive subject now a days itís to easy to hurt feelings and turn friends into enemies. I only talk politics with closest family and friends. With all due respect I think Trump is the key word in your post. From the very start it wasnít about language or images and it wasnít about hardball politics. From the very beginning itís been all about Trump and the people that support Trump. In my humble opinion what you are doing is classic censorship. The best of luck to you...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •