Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 426
  1. #226
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    With all due respect I think youíre making more erroneous comparisons. Censorship is not just in the government itís in Twitter, Facebook, Google and the mainstream media. I donít know how it is in your country but in my country nobody is forced to read anything. If you donít like what you are reading you simply move on. The living room stuff is the most erroneous of all. When I have friends and family in my living room I purposely avoid talking politics. Politics is an explosive subject now a days itís to easy to hurt feelings and turn friends into enemies. I only talk politics with closest family and friends. With all due respect I think Trump is the key word in your post. From the very start it wasnít about language or images and it wasnít about hardball politics. From the very beginning itís been all about Trump and the people that support Trump. In my humble opinion what you are doing is classic censorship. The best of luck to you...
    ^^ By the way I think banning me for doing nothing offensive was censorship at its worst... No harm no foul...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  2. #227
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,279

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    With all due respect I think youíre making more erroneous comparisons. Censorship is not just in the government itís in Twitter, Facebook, Google and the mainstream media. I donít know how it is in your country but in my country nobody is forced to read anything. If you donít like what you are reading you simply move on. The living room stuff is the most erroneous of all. When I have friends and family in my living room I purposely avoid talking politics. Politics is an explosive subject now a days itís to easy to hurt feelings and turn friends into enemies. I only talk politics with closest family and friends. With all due respect I think Trump is the key word in your post. From the very start it wasnít about language or images and it wasnít about hardball politics. From the very beginning itís been all about Trump and the people that support Trump. In my humble opinion what you are doing is classic censorship. The best of luck to you...
    Problem is we do know how it is in his country. Call a man who identifies as a woman a man on twitter and the bobby's will pay you a visit for harassment. Just North of us small business are being shut down by because female waxing employees are refusing to service a man's junk... but he identifies as a woman.

    You can see the creeping stuff here. Express an opposing thought and some snowflake can file a hurt feelings report and get you silenced from every platform you just mentioned. When that fails.. drop the race card. College campuses on US soil have free speech "zones"! The left is censoring on all fronts. M's the claim that "it's only censorship when government does it".. cannot believe any free man actually buys this. Perhaps it is too late for England.. thought Brexit was a good opportunity to turn it around.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  3. #228
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,279

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-20-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  4. #229
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,279

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me too post.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-20-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  5. #230
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-20-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #231
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    It is only censorship when a government does it. Because "Free Speech" only applies to governments. What you are asking for (nay, demanding) is the right to be as offensive as you want in someone else's living room. And the people whose living room this is don't want you to be offensive here. If I came in to your house and started shouting abuse about Trump you'd be head of the lynch mob to get me out. Well, you are in someone else's house. Their house, their rules. This is nothing to do with "free speech" or "censorship".
    Your first statement is demonstrably not true. The definition of "censorship" doesn't specify who or what censors. I don't see anyone arguing against offensive speech and am quite sure all would agree some of your censoring (post deletions) are warranted, but jeez... a lot of what you delete is a far cry from being offensive and the reasons you post are often misplaced.

    What I find curious is how quickly you throw things into the ether when often the post is simply an answer of opinion given to a question posed by another post. You often censor posts for being "off topic", but in turn closed the thread for "any topic". Pretty danged confusing.

  7. #232
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Me too post


    M

    Fake or Fact


    https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog-...new-deal-cost/


    https://www.crfb.org/blogs/how-much-...icare-all-cost


    https://quillette.com/2018/09/29/the...llege-for-all/


    Multiply by 50

    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sall...-the-taxpayers

    Putting a democrat in the White House will bring many old memories...

    For example the 401k(s) you used to have, the checking account you used to have, the savings account you used to have, that wallet that used to have money in it. That new car(s) filled with gas you used to have, that refrigerator filled with food you used to have, the light switchís you used to use, the lawnmower you used to used use. The washer and dryer you canít use, the air conditioner you used to use, the heater you used to use, the stove you used to cook on. Just to many old memories to name. Best of all the house you used to own...

    The good things. A rainbow color windmill in the front yard, a backyard filled with solar panels, a 18 wheeler parked out front filled with money so you can buy a loaf of bread. Ten new illegal house guests, they have more money than you do. Pictures of Old Sleepy Joe on the Wall, donít forget the pictures of the Squad, Auntie Max, Nadler and Schiff. There will be no bullets for the guns you own, Perfect!

    Just to many wonderful things to count... Vote DNC!....
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #233
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-21-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  9. #234
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-21-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  10. #235
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Insult. Also me too post. And stop trying to bring back Rolleyes by the back door.

    I am happy to have a debate about whether an item of news is fake or not, but any further posts which are just link and run with no discussion will be deleted. Note that nodding along is not discussion. I've been reasonably generous so far, but no longer.


    Meridian
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-22-2019 at 01:13 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  11. #236
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  12. #237
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-22-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  13. #238
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Still arguing with a mod.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-22-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  14. #239
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,596

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod to say that you aren't arguing with a mod. Almost zen.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-23-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  15. #240
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Let it go tucker. New rules. Express an opinion but be respectful not snarky. We are guests here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Fake or Fact


    https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog-...new-deal-cost/


    https://www.crfb.org/blogs/how-much-...icare-all-cost


    https://quillette.com/2018/09/29/the...llege-for-all/


    Multiply by 50

    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sall...-the-taxpayers

    Putting a democrat in the White House will bring many old memories...

    For example the 401k(s) you used to have, the checking account you used to have, the savings account you used to have, that wallet that used to have money in it. That new car(s) filled with gas you used to have, that refrigerator filled with food you used to have, the light switchís you used to use, the lawnmower you used to used use. The washer and dryer you canít use, the air conditioner you used to use, the heater you used to use, the stove you used to cook on. Just to many old memories to name. Best of all the house you used to own...

    The good things. A rainbow color windmill in the front yard, a backyard filled with solar panels, a 18 wheeler parked out front filled with money so you can buy a loaf of bread. Ten new illegal house guests, they have more money than you do. Pictures of Old Sleepy Joe on the Wall, donít forget the pictures of the Squad, Auntie Max, Nadler and Schiff. There will be no bullets for the guns you own, Perfect!

    Just to many wonderful things to count... Vote DNC!....
    Fact or fake?
    I see lots of opinions here. So not biting.

    But I will look at this 401k nonsense since itís a measurable item.
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ent/index.html
    Seems you are wrong on those facts,lol.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •