Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 534
  1. #271
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    What I think an assault rifle ban was is what the assault rifle ban was.
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban
    The question was asked because your party has clearly abandoned that 25 year old definition. There's no reason to be obtuse, its a simple question and surely you've noticed the changing definitions by the folks in your party.

    As to your last post, how about some examples to go with that opinion?]
    I gave an example.

    It's hard to focus on what I write with you guys continually moving the subject to avoid conversation.?
    That's not the intent, but maybe you aren't working hard enough at this?
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-27-2019 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #272
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-27-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  3. #273
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-27-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  4. #274
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Me Too post


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-27-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  5. #275
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off topic



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-28-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #276
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-28-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  7. #277
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-28-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #278
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,824

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    The question was why you altered the post. I understand your reluctance to be forthcoming.
    Not from what I read. Spare me the insults where you imagine purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Why in the world would you alter other peoples' posts before you quote them?

    That's in reference to my own post.

    Neither Bush nor Obama said the things you present as their own words. Translation: fake.




    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I read your post.



    Thanks for clearing that up.
    For joy!


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Its simple math and was explained. Look at your own graph of the Dollar vs. the Euro in the Obama years is you prefer charts. It won't explain it all, but might send you on a pursuit to find the real non-NYT answer.
    The dollar value to the Euro only applies if your 401K was invested in international holdings. Not a bright idea considering the world's recession. Try another illustration that I gave you. And please understand the difference between illustrating and opinion based on descriptive words.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    To be clear, I don't work hard at this. I might spend a few minutes on a post, mostly because my typing skeels aren't very good. This isn't rocket science and I don't rely on the internet for knowledge.
    I'll take your word for that since you aren't showing from what knowledge you base your opinion on, though I can say you work hard to dance around all those opinions.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  9. #279
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,824

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    The question was asked because your party has clearly abandoned that 25 year old definition. There's no reason to be obtuse, its a simple question and surely you've noticed the changing definitions by the folks in your party.
    Again. Spare me the insults. Answering a question is not being obtuse. Especially when you move the goalpost to what you think democrats define as an assault ban today. That's another question, and not so simple.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I gave an example.
    You gave lots of labels in your speech. But no examples. Which had it's measure of irony considering you are complaining about 'clear definitions'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "Assault weapon" is one of those leftist words that comes without any clear definition, like the words, climate change, racist, white supremicist, homophobic, etc. Without clear definitions they can be freely assigned to anyone or anything the speaker chooses.

    They work like common core does as a teaching method. Anything can be what you choose it to be. Its how men compete in womens' sport... if you find that strange, you're transphobic. Fact becomes fake and fake becomes fact.
    Here's your sign.
    I addressed homophobic in terms of no 'clear definition'. Nothing in return from you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    That's not the intent, but maybe you aren't working hard enough at this?
    Ahh. You're now feeding back your words of 'working hard' and projecting them onto me? That's pretty funny, considering how hard you work at doing what you claim is not your intent.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  10. #280
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Not from what I read. Spare me the insults where you imagine purpose.
    We'll just assume then that tucker's comments got thrown into it accidentally.


    The dollar value to the Euro only applies if your 401K was invested in international holdings. Not a bright idea considering the world's recession. Try another illustration that I gave you. And please understand the difference between illustrating and opinion based on descriptive words..
    Not all investments are in 401K's, neither are all foreign investments. I gave you an illustration from your own post. Good enough for me. There are many other examples for those understanding economics.

    I'll take your word for that since you aren't showing from what knowledge you base your opinion on, though I can say you work hard to dance around all those opinions.
    Its not from Wikipedia, that you can be assured of.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-28-2019 at 12:05 PM.

  11. #281
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Again. Spare me the insults. Answering a question is not being obtuse. Especially when you move the goalpost to what you think democrats define as an assault ban today. That's another question, and not so simple.
    Well answer this then. If asked in a political forum what an assault weapon is, why would you go to a 25 year old definition rather than the current ones tossed about? You moved the goalpost to 25 years before today.

    You gave lots of labels in your speech. But no examples. Which had it's measure of irony considering you are complaining about 'clear definitions'..
    Apparently you need previous posts reposted. This is the example I gave:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    They work like common core does as a teaching method. Anything can be what you choose it to be. Its how men compete in womens' sport... if you find that strange, you're transphobic. Fact becomes fake and fake becomes fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I addressed homophobic in terms of no 'clear definition'. Nothing in return from you..
    Why should there be? Is there a need for everything you post to be answered?

    Ahh. You're now feeding back your words of 'working hard' and projecting them onto me? That's pretty funny, considering how hard you work at doing what you claim is not your intent.
    Hold on... you were alone in expressing how hard you work at posting... back in post #254 of this thread. I don't think that fits the definition of me projecting. The inverse may well be true.

  12. #282
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic



    M


    Last edited by Meridian; 08-28-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  13. #283
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-28-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  14. #284
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Abuse. Please TRY to have a thought without additional adjectives.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-29-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  15. #285
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Arguing with a mod.



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-30-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •