Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 641
  1. #286
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    And just what adjectives did I use that upset you... By any standards it was a mild post that got into the realism of what the democrats are doing... No offense intended or implied. I think you need to put your socialist leanings aside for 10 minutes and extract your head from that place where the sun doesnít shine. You need to look at politics from a American point of view for a while...

    James Comey is a 'meathead' and 'political hack' who damaged the FBI, says Sen. John Kennedy

    https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-...r-general-bias

    I wonít use any offensive adjectives this time Senator Kennedyís adjectives get the job done just fine... Mr Comey is quite an amazing example of Obama and Hillary Politics.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  2. #287
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,840

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    We'll just assume then that tucker's comments got thrown into it accidentally.
    After all these pages you reveal your issue is with me copying my original post to which you responded. Tucker was 'inserted' because his words to which I was responding simply existed there. I told you many pages ago that I need to do that with your responses. It helps place purpose to the words I originally used in relation to where you want the conversation to go.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Not all investments are in 401K's, neither are all foreign investments. I gave you an illustration from your own post. Good enough for me. There are many other examples for those understanding economics.
    Which gets us back to my response to tucker. He said 401Ks do badly with democrats and I placed an analysis that proved otherwise. You responded to that, and never explained how you justified a great loss. The link I posted didn't back up your lost value either. Now you are moving the goalpost to 'Not all investments are in 401K's, neither are all foreign investments'. You can have your opinion. Until you show us an example to back up that opinion, I'm not going to imagine what you are thinking.



    And leave out the personal attacks. It's trivial enough for me to leave the rest of the post here, but next time everything goes.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-30-2019 at 02:21 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  3. #288
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,457

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Answered a question.


    M
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-30-2019 at 10:06 AM.

  4. #289
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,957

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Can I also just point out that EVERYTHING both sides quote here is from the internet, so you all need to quote actual sources, not just "I read it". That way we can all assess the bias involved.

  5. #290
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Very clever.


    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-30-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  6. #291
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,457

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Can I also just point out that EVERYTHING both sides quote here is from the internet, so you all need to quote actual sources, not just "I read it". That way we can all assess the bias involved.
    The discussion was about getting information from the internet vs. relying on information from the internet. Of course links are from the internet. They aren't available for first hand information or experience unless we would blog about them ourselves. At least you agree that internet sources are biased. I would say that biased information is freely available and its only value is confirming one's pre-existing biases, in other words, not worth relying on. You have to go to your own personal knowledge, education, experience, intelligence, etc., for any attempt at disseminating the information on the internet. As was proven here in the old forum, we can't rely on published science for the truth, even from the most respected halls of the profession. We've also seen how we can't rely on the information released by such bastions of power as the FBI, CIA, NIA, EPA, etc. Even the great new encyclopedia, Wikipedia, has been proven to be a biased source of misinformation. And on and on it goes. A circuitous cycle of misplaced confirmation. In the end, we argue the interpretation of what we find based on the personal attributes cited earlier and NOT what's in the links.

    Feel free to delete this if like most other answers to a question without a link, its is deemed a personal attack.

  7. #292
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    The discussion was about getting information from the internet vs. relying on information from the internet. Of course links are from the internet. They aren't available for first hand information or experience unless we would blog about them ourselves. At least you agree that internet sources are biased. I would say that biased information is freely available and its only value is confirming one's pre-existing biases, in other words, not worth relying on. You have to go to your own personal knowledge, education, experience, intelligence, etc., for any attempt at disseminating the information on the internet. As was proven here in the old forum, we can't rely on published science for the truth, even from the most respected halls of the profession. We've also seen how we can't rely on the information released by such bastions of power as the FBI, CIA, NIA, EPA, etc. Even the great new encyclopedia, Wikipedia, has been proven to be a biased source of misinformation. And on and on it goes. A circuitous cycle of misplaced confirmation. In the end, we argue the interpretation of what we find based on the personal attributes cited earlier and NOT what's in the links.

    Feel free to delete this if like most other answers to a question without a link, its is deemed a personal attack.
    Now thatís the truth. The kind of truth youíll never hear or see from politicans, the media and certainly not here. All the things you mentioned are the only reliable truth and source of information.... We live in a world of sheepherders and sheeple... The line forms at the rear...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #293
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Now thatís the truth. The kind of truth youíll never hear or see from politicans, the media and certainly not here. All the things you mentioned are the only reliable truth and source of information.... We live in a world of sheepherders and sheeple... The line forms at the rear...

    Donít ever trust the media theyíve been lying for over two centuries. Donít ever trust all the so-called experts their opinion is sliced and diced in politics. Donít ever trust the assumed geniuses that arenít as smart as they think they are. Whatever you do donít ever trust the government always question and demand honest answers. Trust your own experiences and the many things youíve learned over the years. Donít ever get stupid and lazy enough to let somebody else do your thinking for you...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  9. #294
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,957

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    I take it that you guys have never been involved in a police investigation, or you would know that personal knowledge is less reliable than of the sources you have just dismissed.

  10. #295
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I take it that you guys have never been involved in a police investigation, or you would know that personal knowledge is less reliable than of the sources you have just dismissed.
    Iíve been involved in a couple of police investigations one as a victim, one of my own cause. The 60s and 70s were wild times in this country many dead end roads and many traps to get snagged in.... Sex, drugs and rock n roll... More recently a victim that put me in critical care for three days. I have nothing against local law enforcement but I do have a big problem with corrupt federal law enforcement. They are suppose to be trusted with the powerful tools they have. The problem is itís quite apparent the trust we put in them has been abused to the point where they canít be trusted... They need to be severely punished for breaking the laws they swear to uphold... Hitler had a police force too...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  11. #296
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Iíve been involved in a couple of police investigations one as a victim, one of my own cause. The 60s and 70s were wild times in this country many dead end roads and many traps to get snagged in.... Sex, drugs and rock n roll... More recently a victim that put me in critical care for three days. I have nothing against local law enforcement but I do have a big problem with corrupt federal law enforcement. They are suppose to be trusted with the powerful tools they have. The problem is itís quite apparent the trust we put in them has been abused to the point where they canít be trusted... They need to be severely punished for breaking the laws they swear to uphold... Hitler had a police force too...

    Do some reading find out how corrupt Russia Russia Russia really is and was. Donít believe the naysayers they are liars...

    Rep. Mark Meadows: Comey had a 'bad day' but Durham probe will be 'more damning'

    https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-m...-report-durham
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  12. #297
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,457

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I take it that you guys have never been involved in a police investigation, or you would know that personal knowledge is less reliable than of the sources you have just dismissed.
    Wow. You went to "dismissed" from "rely on" quicker than our friend went to "getting from". Left off of your police investigation analogy are the other traits mentioned: education, experience, intelligence, etc. Won't admit to being involved in a police investigation, but we aren't talking about remembering the color of a shirt worn by a stranger here, either.

    In The Internet We Trust.

    Not me, thanks.

  13. #298
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,840

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Wow. You went to "dismissed" from "rely on" quicker than our friend went to "getting from.Ē,
    Whatís that supposed to mean? A little clarity to replace the obtuse would be appreciated.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  14. #299
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,457

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Off Topic




    M

    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 08-31-2019 at 05:46 PM.

  15. #300
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,679

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Post and Run



    M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-31-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •