Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

Off Topic

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-31-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I don't even know what that was, but it wasn't adult debate.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 08-31-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    I

Criminal Investigations are intriguing... Some seem to be never ending like Russia. Some posters still think Russia is worth toppling a President. They shall remain unnamed...

Fake or Fact

The Big FakeOff

Colin Reed: Biden and Warren finally face off as Dem field narrows

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coli...-field-narrows

The fake Injun Pocahontas face to face with Wild Wooley Joe.... Memories of teepees vs Memories of Fake war incidents... Washington Phony vs Washington Phony... Failing memory vs No Injun Blood... I fall asleep when Iím watching boring television be sure to let me know who the top loser is...

Realistically thereís nobody in the Democratic Party that can beat Trump...

They can beat on the war drums all they want itís about as senseless as pissiní in a headwind...

Arguing with a mod.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-01-2019 at 04:50 AM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Off Topic.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-01-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Can I also just point out that EVERYTHING both sides quote here is from the internet, so you all need to quote actual sources, not just "I read it". That way we can all assess the bias involved.
    The discussion was about getting information from the internet vs. relying on information from the internet. Of course links are from the internet.

They aren't available for first hand information or experience unless we would blog about them ourselves. At least you agree that internet sources are biased. I would say that biased information is freely available and its only value is confirming one's pre-existing biases, in other words, not worth relying on. You have to go to your own personal knowledge, education, experience, intelligence, etc., for any attempt at disseminating the information on the internet. As was proven here in the old forum, we can't rely on published science for the truth, even from the most respected halls of the profession. We've also seen how we can't rely on the information released by such bastions of power as the FBI, CIA, NIA, EPA, etc. Even the great new encyclopedia, Wikipedia, has been proven to be a biased source of misinformation. And on and on it goes. A circuitous cycle of misplaced confirmation. In the end, we argue the interpretation of what we find based on the personal attributes cited earlier and NOT what's in the links.

Feel free to delete this if like most other answers to a question without a link, its is deemed a personal attack.
    That 'discussion', and your opinion of it, is where you needed to take your frame of reference because you couldn't give an example to back up your dismissal of my response to tucker. We weren't talking about your take on the internet until pages later. That's my opinion of your opinion.

It really is needed to post the quote to which you are responding. You are not addressing what Meridian wrote at all. In fact you double down on your opinion by rattling off a list of where your uncited personal examples prove you correct.

My opinion is that personal experience is a sampling of one, and the only thing that the 'old forum' proved was how to create a 'cause' for the owners of the forum to have an 'effect'. We use what we can find, in this case the internet is a wonderful source of information from studies, books, and data history. It's called backing up your opinion so that we might respond. That was the point made by Meridian and, as usual, you had no response to that point other than to give us more personal experience to prove how your opinion is correct.

Dutch, there is no response to this conclusion of yours because I don't know what your conclusion is other than you are right and anyone else with a differing opinion is wrong.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Off Topic

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-01-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    That 'discussion', and your opinion of it, is where you needed to take your frame of reference because you couldn't give an example to back up your dismissal of my response to tucker. We weren't talking about your take on the internet until pages later. That's my opinion of your opinion.

It really is needed to post the quote to which you are responding. You are not addressing what Meridian wrote at all. In fact you double down on your opinion by rattling off a list of where your uncited personal examples prove you correct.

My opinion is that personal experience is a sampling of one, and the only thing that the 'old forum' proved was how to create a 'cause' for the owners of the forum to have an 'effect'. We use what we can find, in this case the internet is a wonderful source of information from studies, books, and data history. It's called backing up your opinion so that we might respond. That was the point made by Meridian and, as usual, you had no response to that point other than to give us more personal experience to prove how your opinion is correct.

Dutch, there is no response to this conclusion of yours because I don't know what your conclusion is other than you are right and anyone else with a differing opinion is wrong.
    I understand your need for internet links to prove your opinion. The trouble is, for every link you post as "proof" of your opinion there is one that "proves" the opinion that counters it.

We went through this excercise so many times its simply amazing that once again you close with "no response" after posting a lengthy response. Always entertaining.

Off topic. And racist.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-02-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Off topic. And racist.

M
    The ďR WordĒ cop-out

You mistake the truth for racism... The whole San Fernando Valley is heavily impacted by illegal immigration. People so busy fighting the traffic and trying to make a buck they donít notice whatís happening around them... One might say you have a bad case of race guilt... I tell the truth no matter what skin color... Iím not politically correct disabled...

Criticising a mod decision.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-03-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Me Too post

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-03-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Arguing with a mod

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-04-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Still arguing with a mod, but taking two posts to do it.

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-04-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Off Topic

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 09-04-2019 at 05:11 PM.