Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 520
  1. #361
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    What? Expand...

  2. #362
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,631

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    What? Expand...

    Expand on what? The shrinking right to be heard in my own words. Expand on the right to disapprove and approve. Expand on the right to choose my words be they government approved or profanity. Expand on the right to think what I believe to be true. My right to tell the word police to go straight to hell.

    In your own country they put people in jail for using the wrong words.

    Britain Turns Offensive Speech Into a Police Matter

    https://reason.com/2018/09/15/britai...ech-into-a-po/

    Please expand on that. Please tell me why that isn’t a sign of of socialism, communism, fascism and Radical Islamic influence sweeping the world. The UN for example. They condemn freedom and liberty and they support everything Globalist in nature even radical Islam. Every organization with the word “World” and/or “International” in the the name is Globalist poison... Expand Please...
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  3. #363
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Tucker, I believe the question is from where are you individually banned, for you are posting here.

    Meridian, I believe tucker wants to post in tlr, the forum that is closed to all.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  4. #364
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Tucker, I believe the question is from where are you individually banned, for you are posting here.

    Meridian, I believe tucker wants to post in tlr, the forum that is closed to all.


    Yes, the first was my point. The second may explain it. TLR was closed because it was an embarrassment. In that sense everyone was banned from it, even me. You (Tucker) did not receive any special treatment in either direction.

    And again I will explain: you have a right to voice your opinion without being arrested provided that you do not break the law by doing so. This is pretty much the same situation in your country as it has been for a long time. What you do NOT have the right to is a platform, particularly one you do not pay for.

    Also: why is it when the Right demand free speech, they usually mean that they demand the right to bully and harass? Usually in a way designed precisely to prevent someone else from exercising their free speech?

  5. #365
    Joined
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,889

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Also: why is it when the Right demand free speech, they usually mean that they demand the right to bully and harass? Usually in a way designed precisely to prevent someone else from exercising their free speech?
    Last I checked, hate has no political affiliation. It also isn't confined to a single gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. I think it's a disservice to imply otherwise, and counter-productive to your stated desire to have a forum based purely on rational debate.

  6. #366
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    Last I checked, hate has no political affiliation. It also isn't confined to a single gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. I think it's a disservice to imply otherwise, and counter-productive to your stated desire to have a forum based purely on rational debate.
    I believe Meridians point was specific to posts made here and in tlr.
    I think it’s a disservice to wipe that under the table while expanding the argument to your global opinion of life in general operating under the current fractured climate of the world and us politics.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  7. #367
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,631

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    ^^ ... rolleyes

    We’ve been on the radical left carrousel for over 2 1/2 years it’s worn out, it’s dead. The question is when does it stop? The answer is never they’ve dug the hole so deep they can’t get out. I still can’t understand why anybody would want socialism and communism they are at the top of the most repressive forms of government. I said it before I’ll say it again. I’ve seen communism up close and personal it’s brutal, it’s torture, genocide and murder. One question that’s never been asked or answered is how many South Vietnamese people were murdered by their communist neighbors in the North? Before, during and after the war the answer is millions. The kicker is we’re giving Red China the ability to control the world. To make it worse we’re buying cheap Vietnamese junk made it sweat shops... WTF is that all about?
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  8. #368
    Joined
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,889

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I believe Meridians point was specific to posts made here and in tlr.
    I think it’s a disservice to wipe that under the table while expanding the argument to your global opinion of life in general operating under the current fractured climate of the world and us politics.
    I prefer to let Meridian address whether his point was specific to posts made here and in TLR. I don't think it is. In my experience, vocal people of a given political persuasion describe their opposition much as Meridian has done here. It's always the "other side" who exhibits the objectionable behavior.

    As the moderator of a "new and improved" TLR, Meridian has made clear that anything he chooses to deem as non-rational will be removed. The "rules" are to be enforced without regard to an individual poster's perspective. How does a moderator maintain that detached, objective enforcement persona with statements like the one I quoted?

  9. #369
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    I prefer to let Meridian address whether his point was specific to posts made here and in TLR. I don't think it is. In my experience, vocal people of a given political persuasion describe their opposition much as Meridian has done here. It's always the "other side" who exhibits the objectionable behavior.

    As the moderator of a "new and improved" TLR, Meridian has made clear that anything he chooses to deem as non-rational will be removed. The "rules" are to be enforced without regard to an individual poster's perspective. How does a moderator maintain that detached, objective enforcement persona with statements like the one I quoted?


    I prefer to make my own points as well. And that particular one was about right-wingers in general, not specifically those in this forum. Of course if the cap fits.

    And actually I said I was enforcing adult debate. I have said before, and I will say again: I don't care what your point of view is, I only expect you to debate it like your made it all the way through puberty and didn't get stuck at twelve years old. That is not a criticism of particular members, but a summary of the rules.

    The reason why some posts go, and some stay is entirely down to how they are phrased. The rules are there, they are clear, they are simple. Obey them and your posts will stay. If your posts are being removed it's not because I don't like your opinions, it's because you posted them using words or phraseology which broke the rules. You'll note that technically you broke the rule about criticising moderator decisions, but your post is still there.

  10. #370
    Joined
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Vvardenfell
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ ... rolleyes

    We’ve been on the radical left carrousel for over 2 1/2 years it’s worn out, it’s dead. The question is when does it stop? The answer is never they’ve dug the hole so deep they can’t get out. I still can’t understand why anybody would want socialism and communism they are at the top of the most repressive forms of government. I said it before I’ll say it again. I’ve seen communism up close and personal it’s brutal, it’s torture, genocide and murder. One question that’s never been asked or answered is how many South Vietnamese people were murdered by their communist neighbors in the North? Before, during and after the war the answer is millions. The kicker is we’re giving Red China the ability to control the world. To make it worse we’re buying cheap Vietnamese junk made it sweat shops... WTF is that all about?

    First, the political compass has two axes not one. Communism can be authoritarian, but so can capitalism. Ask the Argentinians for example. Communist regimes are not authoritarian because they are communist, but because most one-party states become authoritarian.

    Second, there is no-one in mainstream US politics who is even left of centre, never mind socialist. I will remind you that to be Left-Wing is to want the means of production to be under central control. That may be by committee, dictator or popular vote, but all require a command economy. I'm certainly not an expert in US politics, but I'm pretty certain that the Democrats have never advocated that the government control the means of production. Note that the government controlling some things does not make you socialist - you are not a socialist because you want (for example) socialised medicine of utilities. Because those are necessities. You because a socialist when you want to control things that are voluntary, like (say) cars.

    I appreciate that accusing Democrats of being communism is a cheap ways of scoring points with people who don't understand much, but it is simply not true. The world does not consist of just the Tea Party and Communists.

  11. #371
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    "Noone in mainstream US politics is left of center".

    Jeez. Then the center must be way over there on the left with everyone to the right. Simply ridiculous. Its not even possible.

  12. #372
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "Noone in mainstream US politics is left of center".

    Jeez. Then the center must be way over there on the left with everyone to the right. Simply ridiculous. Its not even possible.
    I think meridian is taking the partiot4us stake on being the model of "centrism". That dude was like.. all over center.. didn't they name centerville after him? IIRC there was a bronze statue of him in the town square... of course it's no longer there because some woke individuals were offended and tore it down.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  13. #373
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I prefer to make my own points as well. And that particular one was about right-wingers in general, not specifically those in this forum. Of course if the cap fits. .
    To be clear, I wasn’t answering for you. I was answering for me.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  14. #374
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I think meridian is taking the partiot4us stake on being the model of "centrism". That dude was like.. all over center.. didn't they name centerville after him? IIRC there was a bronze statue of him in the town square... of course it's no longer there because some woke individuals were offended and tore it down.
    I see you invoke patriot4us. Please explain why.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  15. #375
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I see you invoke patriot4us. Please explain why.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    That dude was like.. all over center.. didn't they name centerville after him? IIRC there was a bronze statue of him in the town square... of course it's no longer there because some woke individuals were offended and tore it down.
    Kinda went the way of Manneken Pis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •