Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: What Is 2019-2020 Reality Fake OR Fact

Rule 2

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-28-2019 at 03:31 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Rule 2

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-28-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Fake. From a Trump Tweet to FoxNews to your interesting addition of racism. Don't buy any of it. Sorry.
    Your Fox link says this must be the source of Cummings being a bully:

Seems Mr Cummings is reacting to horrible conditions brought on by overcrowding due to an Trump administration policy change that incarcerates instead of releasing for a future immigration court date. Cummings is a bully for that?

Tell me tucker. From where in your link does racism being applied to Cummings appear? I seem to have missed that. Why would you bring that up?

Fact.. Cummings district is a crime ridden hole. Pelosi.. whose district is also a crime ridden hole with feces and used drug needles such a problem.. there's an app to track the poo on the streets... jumps to his defense. Birds of a feather.
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 07-27-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Yeah. Winning the house in the last election was part of a losing streak that "goes way back more years than I can remember".

I call Fiction. The SCOTUS decision was only a release of the stay, not a decision on moving funds. The lower courts will still need to decide on whether the Executive Branch can re-appropriate Congressional appropriations, as set forth in our Constitution, while circumventing environmental regulations.

Interesting precedent you are calling a big win for your side since Republicans don't hold the Executive in perpetuity.
    Fact. It'll end up back in front of the supreme in a year and PDT will most likely win by at least 5-4.. again. Until then.. the wall continues to be built.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Otoc ^^ As usual he never attacks the argument he attacks the source.
    Last edited by tucker; 07-27-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Rule 2

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-28-2019 at 03:33 AM.

-The Gipper

Rule 5

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-28-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Fact. The guy who shamelessly regurgitated the front page news from LGF unattributed until he got busted doing so does not like republicans.
    Yep I remember the Little Green Squirrels episode well. I would like to see an instant replay...

Rule 5

M
    Last edited by Meridian; 07-28-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Otoc ^^ As usual he never attacks the argument he attacks the source.
    If you noticed, I brought up your points and posts. If you take a post on a personal level. Don’t post. Just a suggestion.

So now the mote is about me?

Edit: Re: 'the source'.
    And if your source comment is about FoxNews? That too was an observation. I said nothing about how FoxNews is now nothing but a messaging arm of the trump administration.
    Last edited by otoc; 07-28-2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Added to avoid confusion.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Yep I remember the Little Green Squirrels episode well. I would like to see an instant replay...
    Since this has been left by M....
    Would you now? You wish to go back 8 years. I remember scooter stalking me for proof of nothing. Another mote for you since these were obvious attacks on the poster, not the points that were made.

Tell me tucker. What's the topic now? I mean other than me.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Yeah. Winning the house in the last election was part of a losing streak that "goes way back more years than I can remember".

I call Fiction. The SCOTUS decision was only a release of the stay, not a decision on moving funds. The lower courts will still need to decide on whether the Executive Branch can re-appropriate Congressional appropriations, as set forth in our Constitution, while circumventing environmental regulations.

Interesting precedent you are calling a big win for your side since Republicans don't hold the Executive in perpetuity.

Fact. It'll end up back in front of the supreme in a year and PDT will most likely win by at least 5-4.. again. Until then.. the wall continues to be built.
    Interesting that you confuse an opinion about the future as a fact that somehow defeats my statement of the facts with the present.

Sorry, not buying this one any more than I noticed you avoiding my comment regarding "Interesting precedent you are calling a big win for your side since Republicans don't hold the Executive in perpetuity."

On the original topic, SCOTUS didn't argue the constitutional facts. There is no win other than a few hundred miles of wall that Mexico isn't paying for to be contracted out. SCOTUS argued whether civic groups had the right. Based on my read, there are 20 states arguing the constitutional line. Here's what is and what is coming up if it makes it as far as...
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-court-1437894

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tweeted later Friday: "This evening’s Supreme Court ruling allowing @realDonaldTrump to steal military funds to spend on a wasteful, ineffective border wall rejected by Congress is deeply flawed. Our Founders designed a democracy governed by the people — not a monarchy."

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, who's leading the 20-state coalition suing over the wall, expressed disappointment in the ruling but vowed to fight on in lower courts.

“Troubling development in the Supreme Court. We remain focused on arguments in our lawsuit currently in the Ninth Circuit. Bottom line: this fight isn’t over, and we have lots of fight in us. Our democratic institutions and core constitutional principles depend on it,” Becerra said.

Trump announced in May that he intended to spend over $8 billion on border wall construction, despite the fact that Congress appropriated only $1.375 billion for that purposes and limited its use to southeast Texas. He also declared a state of emergency in an effort to unlock a portion of the funds.

The roughly $2.5 billion at issue in the litigation was identified by the administration as available because of a provision allowing excess military personnel funds and other Pentagon money to be spent on counterdrug projects.

However, the language allowing that flexibility rules out spending on any “item” previously denied by Congress.

Rulings from the district court in Oakland and from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals portrayed Trump’s move as an illegal end-run around Congress’s authority to control federal spending.

On July 12, the Justice Department filed an emergency stay application with the Supreme Court, asking it to step in and stay the lower court orders so that contracting and spending on the wall projects could proceed.

Administration lawyers argued expanding the wall is urgent due to a surge in drug trafficking, but the appeals court noted that officials say most drugs are smuggled through staffed border checkpoints.

The justices who indicated they would have denied the stay outright did not issue any statement explaining their decision.

The only detailed explanation came from Breyer, who seemed to endorse the idea that the key question in the case is whether citizens’ groups can enforce budget restrictions passed by Congress.

“This case raises novel and important questions about the ability of private parties to enforce Congress’ appropriations power,” Breyer wrote. “I would express no other view now on the merits of those questions.”

“Allowing the Government to finalize the contracts at issue, but not to begin construction, would alleviate the most pressing harm claimed by the Government without risking irreparable harm to respondents,” Breyer added.
    So how about weighing in on the actual point I made at the close of my post?

Do you need me to explain the sharp cutting of that double edge sword?

Trump slams ‘brutal bully’ Elijah Cummings, claims Baltimore district is ‘more dangerous’ than border

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ings-baltimore

Fake or Fact? Abusive behavior comes in all shades of the rainbow and in all colors Mr Cummings has been an abuser for far to long. It’s well known racism comes in all colors. If the shoe fits Mr Cummings should wear it...
    Fake. From a Trump Tweet to FoxNews to your interesting addition of racism. Don't buy any of it. Sorry.
    Your Fox link says this must be the source of Cummings being a bully:
    "What does that mean? What does that mean when a child is sitting in their own feces, can't take a shower? Come on man,” he yelled. “What's that about? None of us would have our children in that position. They are human beings."

Cummings later questioned whether there was an “empathy deficit,” a remark that appeared to anger McAleenan, who noted the agents make more than 4,000 rescues a year.

The comments may have also angered Trump, who on Saturday said that the detention centers at the border are “clean, efficient and well run, just very crowded.” He then compared that to the conditions in Cumming’s district.
    Seems Mr Cummings is reacting to horrible conditions brought on by overcrowding due to an Trump administration policy change that incarcerates instead of releasing for a future immigration court date. Cummings is a bully for that?

Tell me tucker. From where in your link does racism being applied to Cummings appear? I seem to have missed that. Why would you bring that up?
    Fact.. Cummings district is a crime ridden hole. Pelosi.. whose district is also a crime ridden hole with feces and used drug needles such a problem.. there's an app to track the poo on the streets... jumps to his defense. Birds of a feather.
    Seems you now argue facts about big cities. Let's add the Republican city of Milwaukee to your list. That's in the top 10 of crime. I've no time to jump off on a tangent of yours that ignores any point I made.

I do want to hear more about the poo app in San francisco that is designed to clean up dog feces and how that applies to black neighborhoods and 'birds of a feather'.

Rule 6

M
    Noted and agreed. You are the mod here and I don't envy your task.
    6) The mods decision is final. Debating it will be treated an a breach of the rules.
    Last edited by otoc; 07-28-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: clarified.

Interesting that you confuse an opinion about the future as a fact that somehow defeats my statement of the facts with the present.

Sorry, not buying this one any more than I noticed you avoiding my comment regarding "Interesting precedent you are calling a big win for your side since Republicans don't hold the Executive in perpetuity."

On the original topic, SCOTUS didn't argue the constitutional facts. There is no win other than a few hundred miles of wall that Mexico isn't paying for to be contracted out. SCOTUS argued whether civic groups had the right. Based on my read, there are 20 states arguing the constitutional line. Here's what is and what is coming up if it makes it as far as...
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-court-1437894

So how about weighing in on the actual point I made at the close of my post?

Do you need me to explain the sharp cutting of that double edge sword?

Should have given that speech to your pen and phone guy.

-The Gipper