For the people that say waste 200 bucks to buy a GF2 Ultra ... I say - why bother?
For a little extra get the GF3 ... after a little online searching - mainly through the hot deal forums at various tech sites, I got my Elsa 920 with one such online coupon. Price = 299 + 11 overnight S/H.
Only slightly more than a brand new GF2 Ultra.
And as to no games supporting GF3 ... err ... Max Payne.
Considering MaxPayne is a first gen GF3 / DX8 game, it can only improve from there. Don't sink money into a GF2 Ultra ... unless you can get it at a DEEEEEEP discount. It doesn't offer any benefits over other GF2 cards except faster ram & higher stock clock rates.
For gaming - hands down - GF3
For photo quality: Either Radeon All in Wonder (kinda pricey) or Matrox Millenium G450 (only 120 or so).
HEATWARE: dvsman EBAY: dvsman
My New Gaming Rig
- Abit AN9 Fatal1ty Edition v.1.00 (Bios 11) w/ NForce 9.35
- AMD64 x2 4200+ (AM2)
- Thermaltake Golden Orb II CPU Cooler
- RAIDMAX Volcano modular 630W PS
- 4gb (4x1gb) DDR2 OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-6400 (800mhz)
- 2x 256mb GeForce 7900 GT by MSI (in SLI) (Det. 91.47)
- Acer AL2216W 22" LCD Monitor (1680x1080)
- NEC ND-3550A DVD rewriter
- Seagate 320gb, 16mb, 7,200rpm SATA 3.0
- No Name Aluminum Case
- Saitek Eclipse II keyboard
- Razor Diamondback Chameleon mouse