Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cooler

I was running in Win98SE before tenax. I went into Win2K and I don't it at all.

Originally posted by r0ckstarbob
    mornin kids

i'm seeing all your sig's just fine
    bob, can you see mine as well? the dino, i mean?

oops... nope, not any more. just cleaned my cache. was going to post it on my server so you could make yer link to it but now its gone. sorry!

The dino is extinct
    ECS KN1, A64 x2 3800 @ 10 x 250
    1Gig Corsair, 7900GT, 80G WD HDD,
    Lite On CDRW, DVD

Its alive
    ECS KN1, A64 x2 3800 @ 10 x 250
    1Gig Corsair, 7900GT, 80G WD HDD,
    Lite On CDRW, DVD

Morning rockstar! Been up for 7 hours so I guess it's afternoon
    to you! Finding out that the fan hold-down on the silver mtn is really pretty lame. What's another mod!

the dino is back!

as is my website..must have been the problem..so, my report on the rockstar bob mod is this:

i am using the papst as always with as on the sk-6

#6-1.5 inch machine screws

5mm rubber washers between hs and fan

so, there was 0 improvement in temps, but , it did take away a low frequency vibrational sound..plus i like using the screws better to attach the fan to hs..easier to take on and off than the bloody clips!

i did try 3mm washers as well, with no difference in temps or sound..reason i tried 5mms because 3mm washers while potentially dampening sound, do not rise above the ridges that the fan sits on on the sk-6..anyone who has one knows what i mean.it's not a flat top hs.

my idle continues to be 35-36..full load is 44..

i unplugged my vented 80mm that the skyhawk case comes with for the fun of it..and interesting to note that while it reduces my noise considerably, it also raised my cpu temps by 5 C and case temp 1 -2 C! so..does the vent work or is it just a cute piece of plastic..questioned answered....

i have not put the delta on..with my temps, i just see no reason to bother..if it would help me overclock higher, i would look at it, but experience tells me it won't, even if it drops a 1 or 2 C from the papbst...

that's my 2 cents..nice to have gotten ridden of a bit of that low frequency rumble, though! thanks bob..

what i want to get when the pals come out is a fanbus that has adjustable fan speeds for cooler and hotter days...anyone know where these can be found?

cool cool. glad to see it worked out for ya at one level or another. didn't figure on that being a consistant fix for everyone... too many factors to take into consideration... but at least its running quieter!

did you hear that webart? might be a possible solution to your Delta/Noise issue... or at least a partial fix.

yes, he should give it a try..cost me all of $3 and worth it..

tenax try www.pcmods.com. They have one fanbus that does 6w per switch, and a rheobus that does 17w per switch. The reobus looks sweet as well
    Cultural baggage is the blockade of pure religion

"How can ye reject the faith in Allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return" . - The Quran (2:27)

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. -The Quran (2:62)

thanks, sal..that's close to what i want..i bet money someone has made one that has digital switches for stepping the fan versus rotary that look like they came from a 60's piece of electronic equipment though..these are a start, but look a little too homemade..matter of fact, i could build these myself and they would look as good. thanks again..but i'll keep looking!

i WANT

props to designcomp once again

Originally posted by tenax
    thanks, sal..that's close to what i want..i bet money someone has made one that has digital switches for stepping the fan versus rotary that look like they came from a 60's piece of electronic equipment though..these are a start, but look a little too homemade..matter of fact, i could build these myself and they would look as good. thanks again..but i'll keep looking!
    sent an e-mail to chris about designing the kind i'm looking for.

Originally posted by tenax
    U may have to wait, but it seems someone knows what ur looking for.

duh, forgot the link

http://www.caseetc.com/cgi-bin/caseetc/db.html

Talking

"now that is the best sig so far! way to go tenax!"