Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The Cooler

hey yeah! i didn't even think of that...

sigh...that's what i'm here for..otherwise, i fear you might hurt yourself

Somebody started a poll in the Asus Forum.

oh oh..this doesn't sound good..where, i might ask?

Originally posted by tenax
    sigh...that's what i'm here for..otherwise, i fear you might hurt yourself
    that really is the issue at hand isn't it

*chuckle*

oh..that's too damn easy!

the cooler is dying! we must keep it alive!

Thumbs up

ok

ok
    signatures suck, they just get in the way, just like this one.
    ----------------------------------------------
    (1) 1.02 Gig Athlon @ 5.34Gig
    (1) 512 Ram (CAS 1)
    (1) SuperOrb HSF w/ WD-40 instead of ASII
    (0) Fans for peace and quiet.

Well have the day off so am going to try the Rockstarbob Mod on my Gladiator right after mowing the lawn. Oh the www.theoverclockerzstore.com has Delta 60X38's on sale for 9.99 so I ordered on of those and will try the mod with this fan.

Well off to try and clear some brush and find that mower.

well i have stayed away from the delta fan, but yesterday I got my Silver Mountain which came with the Delta (still waiting on the 31 TT) and I must say I understand what the fuss is, after about 5 minutes of this thing running, the high pitch noise pierced my skull and gave me a headache the size of texas. I think its running on the same wavelength my brain is, after 20 mins, i shut off my computer and went to bed, i actually got 10 hrs of sleep, first time in prolly 4 years, actually i been getting about 5 a night.

Granted it cools my system down, but there is no way I'm keeping it on, I'll run the system at 65C rather then have it on.

As for the headache I woke up this morning and still had it. Maybe it wasnt the fan, maybe I should stop sniffing the Artic Silver, but it seems too coincidental. Ugh, I hope the tt comes in today, otherwise I wont turn the computer on. I can hear that noise reverb in the back of my skull. oh well, ill still need to try the "rocky and friends '10mm back off' special".
    signatures suck, they just get in the way, just like this one.
    ----------------------------------------------
    (1) 1.02 Gig Athlon @ 5.34Gig
    (1) 512 Ram (CAS 1)
    (1) SuperOrb HSF w/ WD-40 instead of ASII
    (0) Fans for peace and quiet.

alrighty boys

well... i'm off to move to seattle tomorrow... gonna pack up the 'puter and head on back home. am TIRED of living in 108f weather. gots me one a them new fancy schmancy job offers from one a them big ol companies up north and i'm a goin to take em up on it.

i'll give a holler when i get up there and plug this thing back in. till then, take care

RSB

(aka scott)

Re: alrighty boys

Originally posted by r0ckstarbob
    well... i'm off to move to seattle tomorrow... gonna pack up the 'puter and head on back home. am TIRED of living in 108f weather. gots me one a them new fancy schmancy job offers from one a them big ol companies up north and i'm a goin to take em up on it.

i'll give a holler when i get up there and plug this thing back in. till then, take care

RSB

(aka scott)
    Hey there Bob. I live in Seattle and moved here from Arizona. Waaaay to hot there. I have a lot of family in Chandler. I went back down there for a year after my wife died just to get away but the heat drove me back here again. You got family in Seattle?

Re: Re: alrighty boys

Originally posted by steamer808

Hey there Bob. I live in Seattle and moved here from Arizona. Waaaay to hot there. I have a lot of family in Chandler. I went back down there for a year after my wife died just to get away but the heat drove me back here again. You got family in Seattle?
    no, just alot of friends. all my family's gone sorry to say. lived in sea-town for three years before moving down here last year to work on a little personal repair after a failed relationship that pretty much devistated me. time to go home now. it's been a long time.

Re: Re: Re: alrighty boys

Originally posted by r0ckstarbob
    no, just alot of friends. all my family's gone sorry to say. lived in sea-town for three years before moving down here last year to work on a little personal repair after a failed relationship that pretty much devistated me. time to go home now. it's been a long time.
    At least your coming back at a good time of the year. The weather has been great. maybe we can get together some time and do a little fragging on the network. I hope all works out well for you. My daughter is moving up from there also and will be here in a week or so. She's had enough of the heat also. Take it easy on that move. Its a long one.