Page 2535 of 2540 FirstFirst ... 15352035243524852525253125322533253425352536253725382539 ... LastLast
Results 38,011 to 38,025 of 38089

Thread: The Boinc Bar!

Re: The Boinc Bar!

SETI is back running! Yippee!

SETI cruncher since May17, 1999

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

SETI?!? This SETI sounds... familiar, somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Scruff, did your beer fridge arrive yet?

110+cm?

Yeah, over 3ft. of snow in 3 days. My company wouldn`t close due to the weather. So had to drive to work in a blizzard 3 days straight. Got a bit scary a few times. But made it through it all. Tonight is my last 6 day week till Jan. Been 9 months straight working 6 days weeks. Going to feel weird only working 5 days next 2 weeks.

Got to take family portraits for a guy at work after work in the morning. Taking them in a conservation area to get all the snow shots. Should be fun.

Went in for an emergency visit to the Dentist today... a tooth they removed 12 years ago was hurting so bad I just gave up. Wasn't sure he would be open, but it turns out that December is a boom month for 'em... lotsa folks using up their benefits before the end of the year, College kids home using the parent's policy, that kind of thing.

I thought it was particularly unfair that the pain was in THAT tooth (or where it had been at least) since we went through the trouble of removing it so long ago. Seems at the time we didn't kill off all of the infection. I've had a LOT of dental work done in the last five years... maybe 10 Grand worth, including Root Canals and a Bridge for the teeth either side and over this very spot; but this problem never showed itself. This last week has been a tad rough, sick last week, took Dad to the ER in the middle of the night, worked full shifts on the job. So now it struck. Pretty impressive pain, small know of swelling like you used to seem 'em draw it in the old cartoons.

I have a deep infection in my Jaw Bone. Apparently, it's been infected for a decade.

Good news is they found it, the treatment is easy and cheap. Hopeful news is that this may explain a small list of problems I've been dealing with, thinking it was just age or something. Bad news is that some of the possible damage may be permanent... not to the bone, but to the brain. I'm hoping that I get that 'mental step' back that I'd lost, but if nothing else, it won't get worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Bad news is that some of the possible damage may be permanent... not to the bone, but to the brain. I'm hoping that I get that 'mental step' back that I'd lost, but if nothing else, it won't get worse!

Sorry to hear that Fluff. I hope all works out in time for you.

I've been... foggy... for a while. I'm really pumped at the idea that being able to address this infection will lift that fog!

I can sacrifice some mid-term memory or make apologies for recent actions HAPPILY if it lifts that damn fog!

That's nasty there Fluff! I had an infected tooth for years that was never caught until I switched dentists. It was one of those things where I broke a tooth, had it repaired, but was sore ever since. An antibiotic treatment + one root canal later, was good as new. In fact I didn't realize that it was as tender as it was until the pain was gone.

Thankfully the infection never went that far for me...well I don't recall them ever saying it did.

The only thing that ever did in my head is beer! And it'll do it again! You can bet on that!
    Last edited by Spankin Partier; 12-24-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Hope you get to feeling better real quick Fluff.

Merry Christmas!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Hey Guys, just stopped off for a quick one, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, And safe and Happy New Year!

Life is good, family is well, and I thought I'd stop by and....

Hey... somebody left an unopened beer on the counter...

*glug glug glug*

Thanks, guys!

Um, where did my beer go?

Oh, dude, yeah... it's the new waitress; she took it. Here, let me buy you a new one. And hey, don't give her a bad time, she'll get it soon enough.

Oh look here she comes with some fresh brew!

She be good in my books!

I picked me up some Killian's when I was out and about with my....

wait for it

new son.
    8lb, 12oz, 20.5in
    and he's a boob man.

RIght on, B-Man!