Thread: The Boinc Bar!

Re: The Boinc Bar!

BTW, If anybody needs a Happy B day icon, Here's a link to some Free ones some people provided:
    http://photobucket.com/images/happy%20birthday%20icons/

I have my QX6700 for sale for $400. In case anyone wants it.

Hard to resist, Frosty...I'm right in the middle of mounting my Boxster hard top on the wall in the garage....can I get back to you real soon?
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    Hard to resist, Frosty...I'm right in the middle of mounting my Boxster hard top on the wall in the garage....can I get back to you real soon?
    No hurry. I put it on Craigs list. No takers yet. I'll hold on to it fer ya.

Thanks...I'll go ahead and take it, just have a couple honey doos to do first!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

OK, been busy!
    First, got the workbench done in the shop:
    I got a premade counter top 10' was the longest and although 12 may have fit, it was fine.

Gorilla Glue is your friend!

On the wall!

Mounted to the wall, worked real slick. Used construction adhesive as well.

Legs on and already cluttered!

Spoiler!

Ma was so proud, she put me right on the next 'project'; pedestals under washer/dryer. Sounds easy, right? Crap, those things are heavy, I'm not getting any stronger and it all requires contortions I used to save for the backseat of a VW bug....NO, no pictures of any of that, past or present!

just the finished product. These are a back saver and it's nice to have decent plastic lined drawers, too!

Spoiler!

I'm almost tired of just posting, but these 4 day off deals are waaaay too productive!

Now on to my project, mounting the Porsche hard top on the wall. Since the tire caddy fits under the bench, the hard top fit on that before but not any more.

Had some time to lay it out and look at everything and barring wife not coming home to help me lift it, I've got it securely mounted and ready to go. I took lots of pics.

Mounting bars as they will be on hard top:

Bottom detail:

Hardware:

I want to put it here:

The two hoseclamps mount the top and lag into a stud. Hey, the whole thing hangs on 2 screws, so I was careful to get some real 'meat'.

And here it is:

Details of bottom mount:

Spoiler!

OK, been busy!
    First, got the workbench done in the shop:
    I got a premade counter top 10' was the longest and although 12 may have fit, it was fine.

Gorilla Glue is your friend!

On the wall!

Mounted to the wall, worked real slick. Used construction adhesive as well.

Legs on and already cluttered!
    Gorilla Glue? I'd prefer Walters Goo, Much better stuff, Google It to find It or go to Your local hobby store that sells model trains. The Original Whistlestop in Pasadena CA sells It of course, Used to buy lots of HO Scale stuff from there too, Before I moved into the Desert of course. I guess that makes Me a retired Train Frog(for the moment at least). Still UB that does look real nice.

Gorilla is awesome for the kind of laminating, joining and attaching of structural wood, the Walters is fine, I'm sure but I haven't used it and when I Googled "Walters Goo", uh, errr, ummm well it was sticky alright, but not what you were thinking!

Spoiler!

I'm almost tired of just posting, but these 4 day off deals are waaaay too productive!

Now on to my project, mounting the Porsche hard top on the wall. Since the tire caddy fits under the bench, the hard top fit on that before but not any more.

Had some time to lay it out and look at everything and barring wife not coming home to help me lift it, I've got it securely mounted and ready to go. I took lots of pics.

Mounting bars as they will be on hard top:

Bottom detail:

Hardware:

I want to put it here:

The two hoseclamps mount the top and lag into a stud. Hey, the whole thing hangs on 2 screws, so I was careful to get some real 'meat'.

And here it is:

Details of bottom mount:

Here's something that would blow everything out of the water, along with the planet too I might add:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/space/0....ap/index.html

A star 7.5 billion light years away exploded, giving off the
    brightest gamma-ray burst afterglow ever seen.
    Note: It was 40 times as big as Our Sun.

Ma was so proud, she put me right on the next 'project'; pedestals under washer/dryer. Sounds easy, right? Crap, those things are heavy, I'm not getting any stronger and it all requires contortions I used to save for the backseat of a VW bug....NO, no pictures of any of that, past or present!

just the finished product. These are a back saver and it's nice to have decent plastic lined drawers, too!

Be careful doing things like that. You don't want one of those unintended vacations like I had.

Gorilla is awesome for the kind of laminating, joining and attaching of structural wood, the Walters is fine, I'm sure but I haven't used it and when I Googled "Walters Goo", uh, errr, ummm well it was sticky alright, but not what you were thinking!
    Why do You think I gave You a link to one of the places that sells It, It comes in a tube like tooth paste does, Although You'd look kinda funny with a toothbrush stuck to your teeth.

I sent ours (pedestals) back. A concrete floor will be fine. Mine are in the house, in a laundry room, and the spin cycle on wood framed floor was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Be careful doing things like that. You don't want one of those unintended vacations like I had.
    I had a young strong 6'7" 250 ld framer friend help me last night! No, a back and neck surgery, I have learned!

Quote Originally Posted by frosty22 View Post
    I sent ours (pedestals) back. A concrete floor will be fine. Mine are in the house, in a laundry room, and the spin cycle on wood framed floor was just too much.
    It worked great. Our laundry is a 'mud room' wit lots of counter top and a nice sink. No bad vibes here. WHile I was at it, I replaced the water hoses with 2500 psi braided ones. Replacing every 5 years is a good idea, I'm told.
    Laundryroom during construction:

Spoiler!