Thread: The Boinc Bar!

Re: The Boinc Bar!

Wow, for some reason I thought that would have been a fixed lens. It looked pretty crisp.

So those crane shots, would they happen to be the whooping type?

-------------------

I took a couple shots of some Killdeers (sp?) that are nesting in our back yard. They are the birds that fake a broken wing when something goes near their nest. But I need a longer lens. I'd like to get a little closer to the action without physically getting in close to the subject.

My roomate was literally being attacked by them when he was mowing the lawn the other day. Now that we know they are there, we're all trying to keep an eye out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    WOW! I looked at the system requirements for that and it's larger then whats required for the professional CAD package that I used at the last place I used to work at!
    I just installed it, quite the beast of an application
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

I was thinking of trying it out on my laptop since I do have Vista on it. But I'm not sure it'll survive...after all the laptop is nearly 6 months old!

Actually it'll probably be alright as its a 1.6 Ghz Core 2 Dual with 2Gb RAM, but I'm not sure if the video card would suffice.

I was thinking of trying it out on my laptop since I do have Vista on it. But I'm not sure it'll survive...after all the laptop is nearly 6 months old!
    System will be fine, you might get lagging from the video card though
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

I installed Google Earth on the weekend and the video has horrible lag.

I should try to install the Windows version to see if it's any better. I only installed the Linux version. I also got an error message saying that a certain video function was not available. So I'm sure that was the issue. If I feel like working on it, I'll have to do a bit of research.

I think Jay would gladly hit his hand with a hammer if he knew that she'd come to his aid!
    For a minute I read 'head', not hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay See Bee View Post
    You got that right
    See?
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Well lets see, frostys donated MSI motherboard arrived today(Thanks frosty) and except for some maintenance to the case(Dust bunny eviction, I still need to clean out the front behind the faceplate in front of the front fan), I'll be completing the transfer of PC3's components either tonight or sometime on Wednesday. And I have 8 working USB ports or at least 6 are working as I don't know if the last 2 will as MSI has USB0&1 while the case has USB1&2, I hooked up USB0 to USB1(case) and USB1(MSI) to USB2. Otherwise I'm about halfway done.

^^^^ That`s good news Joker. Always nice to see a cruncher come back online.

For our freind Frosty. Here you go my freind.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    ^^^^ That`s good news Joker. Always nice to see a cruncher come back online.

For our friend Frosty. Here you go my friend.

Thanks scruff, I see the crane is building a wind turbine installation.

Makes the vehicles on the ground look like toys.

Yeah, I think these wind turbines come in at 280 feet from ground to the tip of the blade when it`s straight up. I waited almost an hour, and they still hadn`t lifted the turbine or blade. Had to drive my freind home so I`ll try my luck another time.

Hopefully no one here has any orders with PC Club / Club IT as they closed up their shops today and are going to declare bankruptcy(Ch. 7 I believe) on Wednesday morning. PC Club / Club IT done?

Those are some nice shots there Scruff. Dang, we got to get together one of these mornings for another photo shoot. There must be a lot of those turbines up now, eh. Every time I travel near Lake Erie they seem to be adding more and more of those.

Have you been by Naticoke lately? They were suppose to be getting some soon too. I don't know if they started let alone finished any yet. They should be on the East side of the power plant. A friend of mine retired right near there and was telling me about it a couple of years ago.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Wouldn't you know it... I went to update my Quad last night, and juuuuuuust as it was turning off, it displayed a flicker of a blue screen.

Dead. It will spin fans, but it will only flash the HDD light once, then it reboots without anything beyond the fans. I'll have to fix it next week, though: The Boss made my tickets for 06:00 tomorrow morning, so I'll be driving back from LA until Saturday or so.

No Quad Cruncher on SZTAKI 'til Sunday, at the earliest.

I wanted to pass through Crater Lake on the way home, but it looks like it's too snowy... more's the pity.

Well, another birthday has come and gone. Did I celebrate? Yes and no.

I'm too old to celebrate being another year older. such as:
    16 and could drive
    18 and could vote
    21 and could drink

I'm too young (I think) to celebrate avoiding the Grim Reaper for another year.

I do celebrate having spent another year with family and friends, for that is all that really matters.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Well, Happy Birthday Old Red... may you have many more healthy ones ahead!