Page 525 of 2539 FirstFirst ... 2542547551552152252352452552652752852953557562510251525 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 38072

Thread: The Boinc Bar!

Re: The Seti Bar

Geez - am I the only one in good shape round here

I must say hate whiskey - never aquired the taste for it. On the other hand, Mrs Slider likes nothing more that a good single malt. Before we met, she used to holiday in Scotland touring in her camper van (UK version of a winnebago) around all the finest distilleries taking advantage of the free tasting sessions. My kind of girl

Oh, and we met at a beer festival would you believe

Ned

~ Want to try Linux - check out the PC Perspective Linux FAQ ~
    ~ Please take some time to read the Forum Rules ~
    ~ Feed the spamb0tz, don't mail me here: B7Trz4568254@nirvana.admins.ws ~

My kinda girl indeed, Ned! I have drank my way through the Napa Valley more than a couple times!

Tequilla....now him and me used to spend lots of time together, as well as Gin, Vodka, good sippin ( OK, swallowin) Whiskey, Scotches of all sorts, hardy Ales, Stouts....OK you get the picture!

Little known fact? Tomorrow I'll be 13 years sober. Don't miss it one bit either. Woulda been dead for sure. Been brought back several times before.

I never mess with a man's (or woman's) drinkin, though. I've got my own stories, and they aren't yours. Those who can just enjoy it, my hat's off to ya, so have one for me. I ain't, that's for sure !!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider
    Geez - am I the only one in good shape round here
    I was thinkin' the same thing... being around THESE broken down ol' Froggies makes me feel like MY health has been at least better-than-normal 'nStuff!

Memo to Self: Stock up on Martinelli's in case Unc Bob stops by!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Little known fact? Tomorrow I'll be 13 years sober. Don't miss it one bit either.
    Well congrats on that Brother Bob. That sounds like some achievement

As for me, well, I only get to enjoy the occasional one these days. I'm affraid I'm the conservative type and tend to stick to what I know I like. A nice real ale or a glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape with a meal when I can afford it.

My only other indulgance is a really good Cheddar cheese. I was born and raised not far from Cheddar and my Grandmother was a well respected local cheesemaker so I think it's in my blood.

Ned

~ Want to try Linux - check out the PC Perspective Linux FAQ ~
    ~ Please take some time to read the Forum Rules ~
    ~ Feed the spamb0tz, don't mail me here: B7Trz4568254@nirvana.admins.ws ~

"Whad 'e say?"

"He said Blessed are the Cheesemakers!"

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo_man
    Sounds to me like you got the right perscription, T.

I've got bad feet, a bad knee and hip, two bad rotator cuffs, and an extra hole in my head. Whiskey always works for me.
    dang, i fell better just listening to yall!

beer festival eh ned? go figure!

kudo's bob, i will drink many for you! for some people alcohol kills, i sometimes think it may be keeping me alive! course i only sip the hard stuff, and try not to get carried away..... too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    "Whad 'e say?"

"He said Blessed are the Cheesemakers!"

Sounds like a Packers fan.

No, wait . . . that's "Cheesehead."

Never mind.

Mornin' folks! Thursday, same-same Friday for me! w00t!
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

Tomorrow I'll be 13 years sober.
    Congrats, Uncle Bob.

I choose Life.
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

My only other indulgance is a really good Cheddar cheese. I was born and raised not far from Cheddar and my Grandmother was a well respected local cheesemaker so I think it's in my blood.
    That's one thing I've never done but would love to learn more about. Brought back a wheel of delicious Colby from our trip to IN in August, a little cheese factory in Olney, IN that makes some really good stuff.

My latest indulgence (for the last 7 or 8 years) has been sausage making. Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, bratwurst, knockwurst, chorizo, all the 'fresh' sausages, just getting started with the cured kinds like salami, pepperoni, or just plain ole meat sticks (seasoned to whim of the moment, usually with jalapeno). All made with wild game. Elk makes the best brats, antelope best for breakfast sausage, and venison is best for Italian sausage. yum yum.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Thanks, everyone.
    Smoked, hey, I'm up for some Elk Backstraps, butterfly cut fried in clarified butter.....slobber, slurp, slobber! Only had the opportunity once in Shelton, WA years ago. A giant of a bull. We packed it out in six trips. Not before we had backstraps! The sausage was most excellent as well!

Drinkin? About the only thing I could consume in any sort of moderation was Ouzo and that wasn't from lack of trying, either. I've drank enough for several lifetimes, no doubt. It really feels good to be sober as well. Quite early it wasn't that way, however.

Anyways, today is a great cause for celebration for me. All the beatings, broken bones, over 100 stitches aside, I feel great!

My lovely wife bought me a Handspring as a present (I'm a teenager, so I get new toys). I haven't even had a chance to see it much (leave for work at 4:30) but I'm sure it will be lots of fun.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Elk backstraps! Sorry, but I tend to keep those for myself. Leaving Saturday morning for antelope trip, maybe we can talk about some of that when I return.

I went totally sober for a while, everybody kept pissing me off so I started drinking beer again. It's the screen door effect that helps! But I have learned to slow down a little...must be getting old. Thirteen sober years is quite an accomplishment, however, and you should be proud! Now we all know who'll be the designated driver! Good job Bob
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout
    I went totally sober for a while, everybody kept pissing me off so I started drinking beer again.
    funny, thats usually my excuse!

Thanks, Trout. Antelope sausage would be just fine!....I would have to be killed to give away my backstraps too!

Spoiler!

Thanks, everyone....(I'm a teenager, so I get new toys)..
    Oh wow man... I had no idea you were born on Feb. 29th 'nStuff!

or maybe dog years?