Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red face caching

Originally posted by MadAsHell
    My modem can be set to dial on demand, but then it is hit and miss how long it stays connected. We are still using the same line for phone/net, so I like to have control over when the comp dials out.

I am probably going to take the plunge and get DSL this spring, so I will climb aboard then.

Why don't we get a petition going for them to rewrite the code, and come up with something for caching units? If they really want folks to help, they should be willing to do it. After all, even with all the broadband users out there, most people still use dialup.
    According to some of the notes they don't offer caching because they need to keep the WU's current - 3 days max for most of them and somehow the actual result detirmines the next WU they want to work on - unlike Seti that is plowing through older data with simple No results.

DSL? good luck, I gave up waiting for technology to get to the last 2000yds I was always the wrong side of a switch or just too far away - Love my cable see sig.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: 2.17 or 2.15

[QUOTE]Originally posted by britgeezer
    [B]
    Originally posted by tazfann
    ###############################################################################
    ###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 2.17

http://foldingathome.stanford.edu
    email:help@foldingathome.stanford.edu

QUOTE]

Isn't that link to 2.15?
    For version 2.17 go to the following link

Download FAH2Console-v2.17.exe

It's the second one from the top. It's beta but it works.

This is from the grandmaster who runs folding2.
    Regarding the ver 2.17 client that is listed as 'beta' now.

".....
    Date: Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:50 pm
    Subject: Re: V2.17 final release?

Things have slowed down a bit due to the holidays. We'll release it probably the 1st week of Jan.'

Vijay

Thanks taz,

I thought that was what I did but, it looked like it just started over.

I was at 70 frames this morning when it got shutdown and now it's only at 75.......8 hrs later?

britgeezer

Yea- I know.... but unfortunately, DSL is the only broadband service available to me. And it is still over $50 a month here, too.

I promise, when I am King of the World, there will be reliable broadband for EVERYONE!

It will be required for all homes, free of charge!!!

.....Uh, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Was that?

Originally posted by MadAsHell
    britgeezer

It will be required for all homes, free of charge!!!

.....Uh, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Was that reliable cheap DSL (check DSLreports.com for details of your prospective Co) or when YOU RULE THE WORLD.............LOL
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Well!

I've found that my dialup works just fine. I use a 3Com lan modem for my network, if I'm offline when the WU finishes the lan modem does the dial up automatically, stays online for 10 min then hangs up. Works great when the WU finishes in the middle of the night.

Originally posted by dlcampbe
    Well!

I've found that my dialup works just fine. I use a 3Com lan modem for my network, if I'm offline when the WU finishes the lan modem does the dial up automatically, stays online for 10 min then hangs up. Works great when the WU finishes in the middle of the night.
    Exellent!!! thats the way to do it.