Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How does the ranking work with Folding?

Do they go by the amount of WU crunched or do they go by the points the team has??? How does this point system work??? I got .6 points for one of my WU's?!?!?! Whats up with that??? Is there a chart somewhere that staes how they do the point system??

Anyone???

Keeping Score

Originally posted by jaydee116
    Anyone???
    Beats me I got 4 points for two WU's - and in that time I would expected 3 seti WU's
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: Keeping Score

Originally posted by britgeezer

Beats me I got 4 points for two WU's - and in that time I would expected 3 seti WU's
    I have 7 units crunched and only 12.6 points!!!! WTF?? And they are going by points in the team stats. That sucks!!! Oh well it for the cause I guess. but it takes some of the fun out of it for me.

5 miles south of Old Traffford. Home to the great Man U
    I can't be sure but I would guess that it goes the same way as Genome whereby each WU has a higher or lower value and it is that which determines your ranking. If you get an easy/quick unit it's only worth X amount of points and if you get a nasty/slow one then it's usually worth more. To give you an idea

http://gah.stanford.edu/teams/Picard.html

Lecutis_Of_Borg 213.41 units 9 genes
    johnyx 203.20 units 12 genes
    The_Ennead_IX 197.22 units 14 genes

Although i've done more units than say Lecutis_Of_Borg, his were worth more.

FoldMonitor will give you an estimated value for each unit in the top right corner.

Thumbs up

Here is the deal :

When you're Folding....you're folding different proteins and since it is a very worthy cause and not a competetion....you get awarded points according to the difficulty of the protein you're folding or unfolding. You can't "decide" which WU's you want....and which you don't want.

Most project's (proteins) are "good" ones and give you 2 points for every WU you crunch !!!

However projects like Project 550 <U>only</U> give you 0.6 points for each WU. The "trick" here is to remember it is a very worthy cause and crunch on.

Yes...you are ranked solely on your total amount of points and not how many WU's you have.

All things said....<B>
    THIS TEAM IS A HUGE SUCCESS !!!!</B>

<B>Check this out !!!</B>

<B> You'll love these stats....WE ROCK !!!!! </B>
    LARS

Originally posted by NeWs dAwG
    Here is the deal :

When you're Folding....you're folding different proteins and since it is a very worthy cause and not a competetion....
    Thats a matter of opinion as I am crunching more for the team and not as much for the cause, but I get both accomplished non the less.

Also if that where 100% true stats wouldn't matter right?, but they do!!! Otherwise teams would not be needed or used.

My 2 cents, and I am sure everyone has their own way of looking at it.

Non the less our team went from 176 to 148 over night. Not to bad.

Thumbs up

Thats a matter of opinion as I am crunching more for the team and not as much for the cause, but I get both accomplished non the less.

Also if that where 100% true stats wouldn't matter right?, but they do!!! Otherwise teams would not be needed or used.

My 2 cents, and I am sure everyone has their own way of looking at it.

Non the less our team went from 176 to 148 over night. Not to bad.
    Well...i might have said it in a clumbsy way. What i meant to say was not that we're not competing....far from it and you're right about that is why we have stats. Like you said....we all have our own personal reason for crunching F@H or SETI@home. Mine is doing something really worthy with my spare clock-cycles which in this case is helping in understanding & fighting discease.... and having a great deal of fun competing with other Teams is just a superb bonus. We have already passed Teams like Team Anandtech.....in just a few days we have kicked a lot of butt.

Take a look at "projected WU totals"....and you'll know where this awesome Team is going - STRAIGHT TO THE TOP !!!!

Last edited by NeWs dAwG; 12-24-2001 at 12:25 PM.
    LARS

Yep, the team is doing real good!!! Off to a great start. That estimation graph is crazy!!! If we do make those marks we are going to be movin up fast!!!

Less points

Yep, the team is doing real good!!! Off to a great start. That estimation graph is crazy!!! If we do make those marks we are going to be movin up fast!!!

Maybe the points you get are being diluted by water cooling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the Britgeezer

Re: Less points

Maybe the points you get are being diluted by water cooling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well i thought of that but, My Folding comp is air cooled.

Re: Re: Less points

Well i thought of that but, My Folding comp is air cooled.
    In that case the answer is clear suck and don't blow! Got another WU due any minute - but I guess you do to!
    the Britgeezer

Re: Re: Re: Less points

In that case the answer is clear suck and don't blow! Got another WU due any minute - but I guess you do to!
    I got 10 in for 18.6 points and the next one will be done late tonight if I decide to continue.

Re: Less points

I got 10 in for 18.6 points and the next one will be done late tonight if I decide to continue.
    Come on stay with us Folding in the Pond, its nice to be in at the beginning ..... they seem to be more difficult than SETI WU's - I think the bad points you got were just unlucky - anyway see you in the pond no matter what.
    the Britgeezer

Re: Re: Less points

Come on stay with us Folding in the Pond, its nice to be in at the beginning ..... they seem to be more difficult than SETI WU's - I think the bad points you got were just unlucky - anyway see you in the pond no matter what.
    The .6 points WU I got was from the project 550 group that only gives .6 points per WU. I really don't like that as the faster and slower units in SETI all count the same!!!! But oh well.

But I am not leaving the Folding team!!! I was just going to stop untill I got my 3rd comp back up and running so I don't loose to much in the SETI ranks. I lost a comp a few days ago that was puting out 6-7 SETI WU a day. I want to take my Folding comp and switch it back to SETI untill Friday or Monday when the new MOBO gets here. Then I will switch this one back to Folding.