Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Re: Re: Less points

Originally posted by jaydee116

The .6 points WU I got was from the project 550 group that only gives .6 points per WU. I really don't like that as the faster and slower units in SETI all count the same!!!! But oh well.

But I am not leaving the Folding team!!! I was just going to stop untill I got my 3rd comp back up and running so I don't loose to much in the SETI ranks. I lost a comp a few days ago that was puting out 6-7 SETI WU a day. I want to take my Folding comp and switch it back to SETI untill Friday or Monday when the new MOBO gets here. Then I will switch this one back to Folding.
    Jolly good - its always good to have a slip streaming partner and we are pretty close - just depends which of my PC's is doing what WU's. I may tap up friends and neighbors to donate old PC's or at least WU's.

My big challenge is to see if I can split WU's on my 2x CPU server, currently a challenge. I may just set that up using CL and double units and leave the other folding...............assuming nobody turns the other PC's off.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: Re: Re: Re: Less points

Originally posted by britgeezer

Jolly good - its always good to have a slip streaming partner and we are pretty close - just depends which of my PC's is doing what WU's. I may tap up friends and neighbors to donate old PC's or at least WU's.

My big challenge is to see if I can split WU's on my 2x CPU server, currently a challenge. I may just set that up using CL and double units and leave the other folding...............assuming nobody turns the other PC's off.
    I may decide to add my XP1600+ system to the team aswell. Right now all I am running is a Duron800@945mhz for Folding. I am not sure if a faster system crunches units faster or not though. They seem to give harder units to faster comps and the result times are equel??? I doubt it but that what it seemed when I hade two systems doing it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Less points

Originally posted by jaydee116

I may decide to add my XP1600+ system to the team aswell. Right now all I am running is a Duron800@945mhz for Folding. I am not sure if a faster system crunches units faster or not though. They seem to give harder units to faster comps and the result times are equel??? I doubt it but that what it seemed when I hade two systems doing it.
    Nope .... I can't agree there. My fastest system has done the same (5 and about to croak its 6th if I get off the PC) as much as the others combined. I was thinking that it shows my systems up quite well. Slowest is slow and fastest is fast.

I've yet to figure this dually thing.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 11:16 PM.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Less points

Originally posted by britgeezer

Nope .... I can't agree there. My fastesr system has done the same (5 and about to croak its 6th if I get off the PC) as much as the others combined. I was thinking that it shows my systems quite well. Slowest is slow and fastest is fast.

I've yet to figure this dually thing.
    Thats good news. I had Folding running on my T-Bird1400@1595 and it was a little faster than this one. i could never gewt the damn program to work right on that comp. Everytime I adjusted the MHZ it would drop the unit I was working on and start over. AND then i completed one unit and it didn't go anywhere!!!!Didn't send it!!! It just downloaded a new unit and started again. I was going to give up when was just putting on another test water block(as that was my testing setup) and I blew the board up. So I gave up on it on the other comps for now. My new mobo will be here Thrs or Friday so I may try again then.