Thumbs up FAH2 running it as a service.

I was surfing around looking for info on how to run FAH2 on a dual setup when I found this. I was just going cut and paste and give the credit to ARStechnia but instead I am just posting the link here.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Re: FAH2 running it as a service.

Originally posted by Eldest_One
    I was surfing around looking for info on how to run FAH2 on a dual setup when I found this. I was just going cut and paste and give the credit to ARStechnia but instead I am just posting the link here.
    Of course the real trick would be to get Seti on 1 CPU and Folding on the other!!! Gonna have to read the article a few times before I begin to understand .
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Ok then how about this link to the Team Egg Roll faq. In this one they tell you how to use firedaemon for single and dual cpu set up.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Confusion...............

Originally posted by Eldest_One
    Ok then how about this link to the Team Egg Roll faq. In this one they tell you how to use firedaemon for single and dual cpu set up.
    OK I installed the latest 2.17 CL version and Fold monitor but the prog is not running - also having great problem to get COMMAND LINE or DOS prompt and navigate to C:\program files\folding@home. When I run via the run command (does it have the same effect?) it shows all kind of things but no WU work starts.

Maybe I should use the Egg Roll data - but even then the article conflicts in using graphical version of Firedaemon or not.

Did I understand correctly? use CL 2.17 and graphical firedaemon? and .... with a 2 CPU system is it CPU0 +CPU1 or CPU1+CPU2?

Xmas is to fiddel with PC's Y/N?

<<<Update>>> using graphical firedaemon 2.17 Folding is now working. I used CPU 0 I think I''ll go to CL SETI and set it up for CPU1. Any idea if I should wait until this SETI WU is finsihed first? Who knows - can't wait forever but it needs circa + 2 hours
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 02:29 PM.
    the Britgeezer

2.17 IS FINE

OK 2.17 is working started by D...M and if you go the home page there is an add in that lets to play with existing startups. Typing and wine don't go to well.

All I have to do now is get the right balance of CPU time, I gave folding CPU's 0 & 1 but SETI is taking most cycles - the plan is to dedicate 1 CPU to each of Folding and SETI
    the Britgeezer