Thumbs up I just want to say that....

I asked Ryan to found the Amdmb.com Folding@home Team just a few days ago and now ...as of Tue Dec 25 18:43:28 UTC+0100 2001 ....we are <B>18 members</B> and we are ranked 116 out of all teams Worldwide !!!!

Just want to thank each and one of you.....i'm proud to be crunching with you guys and very glad that i got the idea.

<B> Team Totals </B>

<B>WTG AMDMB Folding Frogs !!!!</B>
    LARS

The biggest thanks goes to you NeWs dAwG and Ryan of course for giving the ok. My thanks to those who have joined also. This is going to be one great team!
    Last edited by Steamer; 12-25-2001 at 01:44 PM.

Mornin' Steamer, glad to be onboard.

Have a nice holiday.

Thumbs up

Check this out :

"Once you know what the shape is, you can guess at what it does," said Dr. Vijay Pande, assistant professor of chemistry at Stanford University and principal investigator on the project. "Their structure tells us a lot of what they do and how they put themselves together."

Antibodies that help fight viruses have a particular structure, and that shape attaches onto the virus to fight it. By understanding the shape, scientists can understand how antibodies do their job.

The goal, Pande said, is to understand how proteins assemble themselves and what the final structure is. While we know of many proteins involved in illness, biochemistry, and so forth, we don't know how they get into that state.

<B>By doing these folding simulations, we can understand which genes activate particular proteins, and perhaps how to treat diseases that emanate from the dangerous and deadly ones, he said. </B>

Taken from <B>HERE </B>
    LARS

I feel 2 WU's coming...............

Originally posted by NeWs dAwG
    I asked Ryan to found the Amdmb.com Folding@home Team just a few days ago and now ...as of Tue Dec 25 18:43:28 UTC+0100 2001 ....we are <B>18 members</B> and we are ranked 116 out of all teams Worldwide !!!!

Just want to thank each and one of you.....i'm proud to be crunching with you guys and very glad that i got the idea.

<B> Team Totals </B>

Yup it's great BUT.................... Picard with 7261 WU's is 15th with only 24 members. OK Let's Go, OK Lets GO ......

Icon counters, Stats, FAQ's where are they? and I'm still doing some SETI's. Having fun trying get my SMP unit to run folds and seti's at the same time 1 per CPU.

Ooooooow can feel them close while I'm at dinner?
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 04:38 PM.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: I just want to say that....

Originally posted by NeWs dAwG

<B> Team Totals </B>

PS love the new stats data, who can make us a counter for our sigs?
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 10:10 PM.
    the Britgeezer

If you have java enabled, bookmark this

Neat but ...

Originally posted by OldFrog
    If you have java enabled, bookmark this
    Neat but the stats are out of sync. I show 8 Wu's on this chart but 10 on the other chart. What is the update frequency?

Plus we do most of our WU's during the night - seems we use them (our PC's) too much during the day!
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 10:21 PM.
    the Britgeezer

We'll just have to bribe our guru Deveator to start our own
    stats site for folding frog style!

Deveators needed

Originally posted by tazfann
    We'll just have to bribe our guru Deveator to start our own
    stats site for folding frog style!
    Exactly! What a time to go on vacation..... The stats are weird, using the link directly I see all teams and when I "bookmark" the same page just the top teams.

Anyway - if we can keep this up (without losing too many SETI Wu's) we can make the top 100 teams tomorrow!
    the Britgeezer

Yep, good work everyone. I am in a tough debate with myself on if I want to set up 2 comps for Folding and 1 for SETI or 2 for SETI and one for Folding. I personaly feel more for SETI(as I always loved space exploration), but Folding is very worthy aswell. maybe i will just have to buy a 4th comp.

I already tries to run on my second comp with bad results as I couldn't get anything to work right. I think i can fix that though.

Also if anyone knows how to do the counters and need webspace to make them work let me know as I have unlimited bannerless webspace. It will have to start with custom-cooling though.

Who did you listen to?

Originally posted by jaydee116
    Yep, good work everyone.>>>>>> I am in a tough debate with myself.
    Danger!!!! Will Robinson............the 1st sign of madness is talking to yourself the 2nd sign is to listen!
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-25-2001 at 10:58 PM.
    the Britgeezer

Re: Who did you listen to?

Originally posted by britgeezer

Danger!!!! Will Robinson............the 1st of madness is talking to yourself the 2nd sign is to listen!
    I already proved that with SETI!!!! Thats why i have three comps as it is!!!

I keep trying to tell myself YES YES YES, and oddly enough myself listens and agrees!!!

Re: Re: Who did you listen to?

Originally posted by jaydee116

I already proved that with SETI!!!! Thats why i have three comps as it is!!!

I keep trying to tell myself YES YES YES, and oddly enough myself listens and agrees!!!
    As I said the 2nd sign....................
    the Britgeezer