Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F@h #96

Thumbs up F@h #96

We are at #96 currently we have shot up 10places since last night. WTG guy's guess who is ahead of us? Our next target Team Phoenix Rising is a few spots ahead of us. Let's see if we can catch them today.

WTG Guys we are going places.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Some of NASA's finest rockets move slower than this Team !!!!

Last edited by NeWs dAwG; 12-26-2001 at 09:32 AM.
    LARS

New members !!!!!!

Yup were doing great but we need some more members ........... then we can start cooking!
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

I'll try Folding@Home as well. I only run my home computer when I'm there so I don't have to worry about not being able to send a unit or download a new one being on a dialup as I can always wathc it and do it myself. I'd only probably lose a few minutes. I currently was trying Genome@home and setup an amdmb team as well and was able to crunch out one of those units in about 3.5 hours. Since no-one showed any interest in genome@home, I'll probably leave it at that for now and get back to it later. I'll still use my home comp for SETI until the new year to make sure I reahch my personal goal of breaking past the 300th position, only 10 more WU's to go. HOwever, I'll then try Folding and see how long that takes and maybe alternate between one Folding WU then one SETI WU and so on. (Can't give up completely on SETI, too many people to pass within the pond and also too many teams to stomp!)

why im not on stats yet i did 1 wu [name njkid] [team734]
    Last edited by NJKID; 12-26-2001 at 12:15 PM.

I think those stats take a few hours to update. Also, did you enter you name and group number AFTER the WU completed? If so, then your first WU goes to the general area and the following units will go to the team. Kind of stupid how they set that up and the only way for the first unit to go to the team is to go in and edit one of the config files for the program.

Is there a team stats page yet???
    Dok

Cool

Originally posted by Dok
    Is there a team stats page yet???
    Not like the one made by Deveator...but there are a few ones we use. The only problem is that they don't update that often.

<B>Stanford Team Rankings</B>

<B>Stanford Team Info and Stats </B>

<B>Team Totals Stats Page @ Statsman </B>

<B>Amdmb.com Folding Team Stats @ Statsman </B>
    Last edited by NeWs dAwG; 12-26-2001 at 01:55 PM.
    LARS

Thumbs up

BTW...we're #91 now....GOING UP FAST !!!!!

WU 286
    Team Ranking 91
    LARS

Hey, looks like we can make Team Picard another target with Folding as well!

16) Team Picard 7,278

Originally posted by asmolenski
    Hey, looks like we can make Team Picard another target with Folding as well!

16) Team Picard 7,278
    I was thinking the same thing !!!!!

Oooh Piiiiiiiicaaarrrd....
    LARS

Folding times...

Originally posted by asmolenski
    I'll try Folding@Home as well. I only run my home computer when I'm there so I don't have to worry about not being able to send a unit or download a new one being on a dialup as I can always wathc it and do it myself. I'd only probably lose a few minutes. I currently was trying Genome@home and setup an amdmb team as well and was able to crunch out one of those units in about 3.5 hours. Since no-one showed any interest in genome@home, I'll probably leave it at that for now and get back to it later. I'll still use my home comp for SETI until the new year to make sure I reahch my personal goal of breaking past the 300th position, only 10 more WU's to go. HOwever, I'll then try Folding and see how long that takes and maybe alternate between one Folding WU then one SETI WU and so on. (Can't give up completely on SETI, too many people to pass within the pond and also too many teams to stomp!)
    Interesting to me that my two Intel systems are much slower than my AMD units even allowing for clock speed differences, I can't see a fold in 3.5 hours but I do plan to use the CL version tonight and see how it goes.
    the Britgeezer

Thumbs up

Just an update here:

Today we're ranked 77 Worldwide....and we are about to pass two other hardware-sites.....Team Virtual Hideout and I Am Not A Geek !

How much fun it will be to pass Team Picard again !!!!

Any predictions on when that will happen ???
    LARS

Thumbs up

Talking about predictions.....here's one from me:

By March 1st.....we will be in TOP20 of all Teams Worldwide !!
    LARS

Overtake Picard .............

Originally posted by NeWs dAwG
    Just an update here:

Today we're ranked 77 Worldwide....and we are about to pass two other hardware-sites.....Team Virtual Hideout and I Am Not A Geek !

How much fun it will be to pass Team Picard again !!!!

Any predictions on when that will happen ???
    Yes - we need some stats on that kind of stuff - it encourages extra effort and new members.

My guess is if we both keep output similar to this week we could do it in about 16 weeks. If on the other hand they have been 24 members for some while and if we factor in continued growth on our part we might do it within 10 weeks.

So average it and that make the Picard Stomp - March 27th
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-27-2001 at 08:46 AM.
    the Britgeezer