Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Folding

  1. #1
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    299

    Folding

    Is it possible to fold on 2 or more machines using the same userID? Because I thought that the next work unit you get depends on the one they just did.

    Wouldn't having 2 PCs on the same ID screw that system up?

    Matt

  2. #2
    Joined
    Jan 2001
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,988
    Your User ID is a number. Your user name is what the credit goes to. You can have a infinit number of user ID's and aslong as you use the same user name the credits will go to you.

  3. #3
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    N. New Joisey
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: Folding

    Originally posted by Matthew.M
    Is it possible to fold on 2 or more machines using the same userID? Because I thought that the next work unit you get depends on the one they just did.

    Wouldn't having 2 PCs on the same ID screw that system up?

    Matt
    And ........... you can run SETI also - seems to be the best results are given running one or the other not both on one machine.
    the Britgeezer

    My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

  4. #4
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    662
    is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?

  5. #5
    Joined
    Jan 2001
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,988
    Originally posted by Lan
    is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?
    If everyone switched to Folding we would be #1 in a week!!! I think a few are moving over but not to many just yet. I hope the SETI team stays alive and well!!! If not I will go back 100% to SETI.

  6. #6
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    N. New Joisey
    Posts
    6,179

    Everyone --- No way

    Originally posted by Lan
    is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?
    Nope.................. so far there are just 20 Folders ...............compared to 500+ SETI's and I think that all that fold also SETI (3 today for me I think) Now if we had 250 folders maybe we have a shot at Team Picard they only have 7000+ points compared to our 500............
    the Britgeezer

    My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

  7. #7
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    299
    Originally posted by Lan
    is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?
    The only reason I'm not running SETI is because I cant get it to work on my machine. It would do the WU, but then it wouldn't send it back, I tried everything i could think of, tried the CL, and GUI versions, nothing. So in the end I gave up and now here I am folding instead!

    Matt

  8. #8
    Joined
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Copenhagen , Denmark
    Posts
    1,573

    Thumbs up

    Originally posted by Matthew.M


    The only reason I'm not running SETI is because I cant get it to work on my machine. It would do the WU, but then it wouldn't send it back, I tried everything i could think of, tried the CL, and GUI versions, nothing. So in the end I gave up and now here I am folding instead!

    Matt
    Well....a big welcome to the Team Matt !!!

    Also a big welcome to LeeLee who also just joined......great to have you guys aboard !
    LARS

  9. #9
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    299
    Cheers for the welcome, and I hope I can make a difference!

    Matt

  10. #10
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    N. New Joisey
    Posts
    6,179

    Talking Welcome to ???

    Originally posted by Matthew.M
    Cheers for the welcome, and I hope I can make a difference!

    Matt
    Hey Matt whats your folding handle? Never mind found your stats - can't think how I missed it before.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-27-2001 at 09:48 AM.
    the Britgeezer

    My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •