Thread: Folding

Folding

Is it possible to fold on 2 or more machines using the same userID? Because I thought that the next work unit you get depends on the one they just did.

Wouldn't having 2 PCs on the same ID screw that system up?

Matt

Your User ID is a number. Your user name is what the credit goes to. You can have a infinit number of user ID's and aslong as you use the same user name the credits will go to you.

Re: Folding

Originally posted by Matthew.M
    Is it possible to fold on 2 or more machines using the same userID? Because I thought that the next work unit you get depends on the one they just did.

Wouldn't having 2 PCs on the same ID screw that system up?

Matt
    And ........... you can run SETI also - seems to be the best results are given running one or the other not both on one machine.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?

Originally posted by Lan
    is it just me, or does it seem that people seem to be switching from seti to folding?
    If everyone switched to Folding we would be #1 in a week!!! I think a few are moving over but not to many just yet. I hope the SETI team stays alive and well!!! If not I will go back 100% to SETI.

Everyone --- No way

Originally posted by Lan
    Nope.................. so far there are just 20 Folders ...............compared to 500+ SETI's and I think that all that fold also SETI (3 today for me I think) Now if we had 250 folders maybe we have a shot at Team Picard they only have 7000+ points compared to our 500............
    the Britgeezer

Originally posted by Lan
    The only reason I'm not running SETI is because I cant get it to work on my machine. It would do the WU, but then it wouldn't send it back, I tried everything i could think of, tried the CL, and GUI versions, nothing. So in the end I gave up and now here I am folding instead!

Matt

Thumbs up

The only reason I'm not running SETI is because I cant get it to work on my machine. It would do the WU, but then it wouldn't send it back, I tried everything i could think of, tried the CL, and GUI versions, nothing. So in the end I gave up and now here I am folding instead!

Matt
    Well....a big welcome to the Team Matt !!!

Also a big welcome to LeeLee who also just joined......great to have you guys aboard !
    LARS

Cheers for the welcome, and I hope I can make a difference!

Matt

Talking Welcome to ???

Cheers for the welcome, and I hope I can make a difference!

Matt
    Hey Matt whats your folding handle? Never mind found your stats - can't think how I missed it before.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 12-27-2001 at 09:48 AM.
    the Britgeezer