Question F@H2 Client 2.17 wierd????? Warning Pictures enclosed.

Anything strike you as weird about these two screen shots? They are working but those times are really strange!!!!

Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

negative time... I wonder what Mr Data would say to that theory

Same here for me with both 2.15 and 2.17. I rahter think FomdMonitor needs some code adjustments (Remember it was written first for the 1.0 client of F@H. and this one had much shorter wus).

Nope I dropped in over at DSL Reports and visited the forum. And they helped me fix my problem well my FoldingMonitor one that is. It turns out that you have to have the time synched on all of the pc's that FM see's. Other wise you end up with negative time. One system was set to the wrong timezone.
    Last edited by Eldest_One; 12-29-2001 at 08:33 PM.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Originally posted by Eldest_One
    Nope I dropped in over at DSL Reports and visited the forum. And they helped me fix my problem well my FoldingMonitor one that is. It turns out that you have to have the time synched on all of the pc's that FM see's. Other wise you end up with negative time. One system was set to the wrong timezone.
    So I'm in the wrong time zone? You mean I have to move?

Talking

Originally posted by Steamer

So I'm in the wrong time zone? You mean I have to move?
    No in your case you are in the Twilight Zone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Eldest_One

No in your case you are in the Twilight Zone!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes I am and I'm not moving.

speaking of interesting Folding@Home shots...

is that like giving 110% at something???
    Dave
    Retired Dictator

Going to join us?

Originally posted by n715dp
    speaking of interesting Folding@Home shots...

is that like giving 110% at something???
    Nice Dump of SETI's yesterday Dave - just think how quick we could get to Picard if you did the same for Folding!
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Folding just doesn't appeal to me for some reason... besides, can you imagine all the work it would take to get Folding going on my farm??? Way more then I am willing to put in, I have commited too much time to SETI and I have to spend about an hour per day managing the farm for that, I can't imagine having to manage Folding too.
    Dave
    Retired Dictator

Folding just doesn't appeal to me for some reason... besides, can you imagine all the work it would take to get Folding going on my farm??? Way more then I am willing to put in, I have commited too much time to SETI and I have to spend about an hour per day managing the farm for that, I can't imagine having to manage Folding too.
    Yeah Folding would be impossable to keep up on all those comps. No cach programs ect. We need you on the SETI team anyway!!! Great work Dave!!!

vijay has promised cache sometime in version 2...
    i have it on 3 computers that i havent been near
    in 5 days. as long as you have that permanent
    connection......but, folding is not for everyone.
    i have personal reasons to put my efforts here
    rather than seti and given the chance, i'll put a
    whole lot more on this project in hopes of making
    a difference.

Wink OK

I understand, Seti is a far better "run" program so far, they understood the marketing aspect of user involvement quite well but the "user" contribution of add ins has been superb. We discused Seti/Folding over dinner last need and it seems a radio program yesterday said Seti has been too succesful since they are running out of data to analize! What they thought would take 30 + years to work on is rapidly being completed. We have already seen deeper analysis and we know they send the same WU out multiple times and therefore don't depend on the continuity that seems to limit Folding. I'm sure they can look for more but the original project intent had been wildly successful way beyond anyones expectations.

Anyway I'm happy to be involved in both projects, but the issues that folding is dealing with are very close to home and so compelling.
    the Britgeezer

Wink Me too

Originally posted by tazfann
    vijay has promised cache sometime in version 2...
    i have it on 3 computers that i havent been near
    in 5 days. as long as you have that permanent
    connection......but, folding is not for everyone.
    i have personal reasons to put my efforts here
    rather than seti and given the chance, i'll put a
    whole lot more on this project in hopes of making
    a difference.
    A cache and a permanent connection? I understand the flexibility of cache, but surely the cache is more usable if you DONT have perm connection? I you have access to the folding creators perhaps you can direct our little groups ideas about the folding foibles?

Like you, I have close and compelling reasons to Fold rather than just Seti and will be installing cable internet for a friend later today - he will be folding to I'm sure.

Do you have an average fold time for a a PIII 800 OC to 960 with 512MB mem? that PC seems to take 16 hrs per WU running CL ... something seems wrong.
    the Britgeezer

sorry....guess i mixed my words.....
    what i meant is until they develop the cache capability,
    then having a permanent connection is a real advantage......
    i've been involved with this is some part since september and
    just joined a folding team about a month ago.

the administrators are very good about communication....
    i would suggest that you join the yahoo newsgroups associated
    with folding and also visit both arstech and dslreports team forums since they are both deeply involved with the project and
    could offer a lot more help than i.