New to Folding, how do I...

Just started taking a look at it today, but I have a few questions. First, do I have to download and install the SS version first before I can set up my username and team on the CL version? I don't plan to use the SS, but I didn't get a choice on the CL, so I don't know where they're getting credited to.

Second, is there a Folding program like Seti Driver? It was just so convenient I couldn't help but like it

Edit: I do know about the config file, but until I finish my first wu, I guess I won't know if it accepts changes in there from me just typing them in.
    Last edited by bmskippr; 01-03-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Re: New to Folding, how do I...

Originally posted by bmskippr
    Just started taking a look at it today, but I have a few questions. First, do I have to download and install the SS version first before I can set up my username and team on the CL version? I don't plan to use the SS, but I didn't get a choice on the CL, so I don't know where they're getting credited to.

Second, is there a Folding program like Seti Driver? It was just so convenient I couldn't help but like it

Edit: I do know about the config file, but until I finish my first wu, I guess I won't know if it accepts changes in there from me just typing them in.
    Sigh......... if only it was as easy as SETI........ but its not tough.

If you have the CL version installed look at your client cfg file it should look like this ....[settings]
    username=XXXXXX your nameXXXX
    team=734
    asknet=no
    userid=335A5E186796886A (some different number assigned by folding)
    local=10

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=yes

Edit to show your chosen name and 734 (thats our team) and when you complete your first WU you will be on this chart ... http://www.statsman.org/folding2stats/html/734.html

Welcome aboard..............
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Thanks! That's the one I switched around, but I wasn't sure if that was all I had to do.

Glad to be a part of another great team.

We'll keep the front light burning

Originally posted by bmskippr
    Thanks! That's the one I switched around, but I wasn't sure if that was all I had to do.

Glad to be a part of another great team.

We look forward to seeing you in the scores and in the forum ....
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

I did what I could with the Seti team, so I think it might be time to share the wealth. Good cause, so what have I got to lose?

Thumbs up Re: We'll keep the front light burning

Originally posted by britgeezer

We look forward to seeing you in the scores and in the forum ....
    Amen to that !!
    LARS

In case you haven't checked this out yet, here's the link to the Folding Monitor.

http://users.neosmart.com/hruzaden/folding/index.html

Although this doesn't replace the DOS box you have to keep open, it does give you nice interface so you can view you progress.

And, if you have any questions with the monitor, just ask.