Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ex-[H]ard Forum Mod is a Troll: DrChaotica!

I have had the misfortune of trusting one of [H]ard Forums' (ex-)moderators: DrChaotica.

Keep in mind: He was still a moderator there until 2 weeks ago.

This is an email sent to the admins at [H]ard Forums sent on Jan 12th. I have not received a response yet...

Some time in early December I posted a bunch of items for sale in your forum. DrChaotica (he gave me a name of Dave Marinchuk) agreed to buy my Leadtek GeForce2 Ultra video card for $245 CDN shipped. He asked me to ship first. Being that he was your forum moderator and the author of a bad trader list I never thought twice about trusting him. I shipped the video card (Canada Post and insured) on December 5th and he received the card on the 11th. On the 14th I chatted with him on MSN instant messanger and he said he was going later that day to get and send me a money order. On December 28th when I still had not received the money, I emailed him again. He said he sent it and just give it a while longer. One week later, on January 4th, and still no money. I sent another email. It took him quite a bit longer to respond this time still preaching the same -- you'll get your money. In the mean time, I had PMed York1 and he told me that Dave? has had trading issues in the past. I was not happy to hear this and posted my displeasure in the forum. This has since been deleted along with the removal of DrChaotica as moderator.

Today is January 18th -- 5 weeks from the day he said he was sending the money and 38 days since he actually received the video card.

He lives in Stoney Creek, Ontario (near Hamilton). If anyone can help me out I will be happy to pass on all the info I have.

EDIT to Add:

Dave Marinchuk
    [I have the address]
    Stoney Creek, ON
    [I have the postal code]

IP is 24.150.37.19

ISP info is...

Cogeco Cable Solutions (NETBLK-CGOC-HALA1-1)
    950 Syscon Drive
    Burlington, ON L7R 4S6
    CA

Netname: CGOC-HALA1-1
    Netblock: 24.150.32.0 - 24.150.47.255

Coordinator:
    IP Services (IS7-ORG-ARIN) ipservices@CGOCABLE.NET
    (905)xxx-xxxx
    Fax- (905)xxx-xxxx

Email me at mark099@hotmail.com if you have any info to add and I will post it here.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Tigsman; 01-19-2002 at 09:50 AM.
    Mark099!

Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz | Asus P5K-E/WiFi-AP | XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB PCI-E | 8GB A-Data PC2-6400 DDR2 | 320GB Seagate SATA II HDD | LG DVD/CDRW Combo | Landmark ATX-A70 23" Aluminum Case | OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU | Windows Vista Ultimate X64

fyi- if there was anyone else who had dealings with doctor chaotica and had a problem, this is being looked into by trollhunters as we speak. plse forward any info you have to bigcfromcinci, who is a member of amdmb.com as well as one of trollhunters finest.

Damn, a mod going bad. And he had the nerve to preach to the choir about trolls. "Teapot, meet the kettle!"

Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

good lesson learnt for all and no excuses for the guy, but moderators are human beings who make mistakes too, obviously..it's great to respect moderators as the authority of the thread, but when dealing goods with them, same rules and good trading practices should apply..i am sincerely sorry that the reminder had to come via mark's experience though.

trolls
    Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

I just sent an email to the troll hunters...

I was hoping the admins at [H]ard Forums would've done more than they have. Even though I agree about taking the normal precautions, but if you can't trust a moderator then who can you trust. The Admins have known he was a problem since (at least) July 2001, yet, he was allowed to keep his moderator status.
    Mark099!

Quad Core Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz | Asus P5K-E/WiFi-AP | XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB PCI-E | 8GB A-Data PC2-6400 DDR2 | 320GB Seagate SATA II HDD | LG DVD/CDRW Combo | Landmark ATX-A70 23" Aluminum Case | OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU | Windows Vista Ultimate X64

I saw a post earlier today from someone who got burned by him too when sending a money order first buying something .

Originally posted by GoldenTiger
    I saw a post earlier today from someone who got burned by him too when sending a money order first buying something .
    Can you find that post for me?
    Mark099!

man that sucks, you cant trust anyone these days.

!Lee's Overclock'n Machine!

Moniter: Viewsonic A70f+
    Case: KingWin KT-436S-WM High Ventilation Aluminum-Mg Alloy Case
    Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-D
    CPU: Athlon XP 2800+ @ 2400mhz 1.8v
    Memory/RAM2X 256mb Corsair 3500C2 @ 210fsb
    Heatsink Volcano 7
    Videocard: Hercules Raedon 9800 PRO
    Soundcard Onboard Sound Storm
    Drives1: Memorex DVD+R/RW/CDRW 2.4xDVDR/12XCDR
    Drives2: DVD-ROM 16x
    Hard-drive: Western Digital 160gb SE
    Floppy Drive: Panasonic Floppy
    NIC: Linksys Ethernet Cable/DSL
    PowerSupply: 350w Enermax
    Speakers: Logitech 560 4.1
    Mouse/Keyboard: Microsoft Explorer 3.0 w/ black/silver cordless Logitech keyboard.
    Temps: 40-43C Idle 45-47C Load
    g00n.e

Sure can:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=314027
    Thanks!

We are trying to compile a list of all the things he has taken from people in order to get back as much stuff as possible when we finally do pay this guy a visit.

As expected... the mod over at [H]ard Forums locked my thread so nobody could reply there. I still haven't figured out why they would be protecting this guy as much as they are.

I have already sent the info on to the Hamilton Police Dept and I will keep you updated as to what their course of action might be. The one lucky thing out of all this (since I live in Vancouver) ... he lives near Hamilton. I must know at least 50 people (family and friends) that live within an hour of this guy. This is on top of all the people (from all the different forums) that live or work in the area and are willing to help.
    Mark099!

Hamilton is 2 to 3 hours away from Toronto. I don't have a car. I wish I can help you out. YOu can call hamilton Police if you want cause I think that's a criminal offence. Stoney Creek is a small town so they can't miss him I think. It's one of the towns that everybody knows everbody kinda thing. Let me know if he works at toronto. I have my HOCKEY STICK waiting. LOL

ADDED INFO:
    I called toronto police and they told me it's a CIVIL matter, so you can sue him for the damages. Just call the hamilton Police and send the info for the guy.

Also, another:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=314521
    LOL! That one is mine.
    Mark099!