Page 3 of 290 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    How about making this thread a place where we can post and share selling tips and advice with one another? We can make this the central repository, a perpetual "work in progress" FAQ.
    I been looking all thru this thread and haven't found any advice worth memorizing yet...
    better get me a shot of tequila

i was thinking that too..if it turns into anything like the famous "the bar" on the asus thread though..if will end up swimming in and out of the useful to the useless

Originally posted by tenax
    i was thinking that too..if it turns into anything like the famous "the bar" on the asus thread though..if will end up swimming in and out of the useful to the useless
    Useless is good.

steamer, we have a fondness for you like we have for the old town drunk harmless, senile...hmmm..drunk..

steamer, we have a fondness for you like we have for the old town drunk harmless, senile...hmmm..drunk..
    We could be twins.

don't think so..last i checked, i wasn't old or senile..the drunk part..hmmm..you may have a point. and i'm far from harmless

Originally posted by VicLavigne

I been looking all thru this thread and haven't found any advice worth memorizing yet...
    better get me a shot of tequila
    Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. Here, have a double shot, that'll help your memory. Cuevo Gold in a tall glass coming up.

(In a dirty glass of course)

Got a little Heatware under Goobee ==> Click here!

don't think so..last i checked, i wasn't old or senile..the drunk part..hmmm..you may have a point. and i'm far from harmless
    Apart from Steamer, I may be the oldest one here at 39.

And I'm pretty too!

Originally posted by Goobee

And I'm pretty too!
    Well I'm 39 also. I've been 39 many times.

Originally posted by Goobee

And I'm pretty too!
    beat you by one year

Me be 40 in april

Pretty what??
    Apart from Steamer, I may be the oldest one here at 39. I'm pretty too

I got you all beat I will be 44 in August.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Hey guys, I've got some discussion for ya.

I bought this on eBay last nite. I got a GREAT price. However, I'm a little weary of just sending $1000 to some random guy in TX. I emailed him a day before the auction ended, and never heard back, but 12 hours after the auction ended, he had a request for money. Also has a hotmail email address. Anyways, here is the letter I'm writing him. Usually, I would be steer clear, but I really need this machine, and it's a GREAT price. LMK what ya'll think I should do, and check out my letter...

Hello.
    Under most normal circumstances, I would have no problem meeting your request. However, do to the amount of money involved, and your lack of feedback on eBay, I'm going to ask to do this a little bit differently. Please don't think that I am trying to back out, as I very much want to purchase this machine from you. I just have a few concerns.

1. I emailed you prior to the auction closing, and had over 24 hours to respond. I never heard back. But after the auctions close, you respond promptly.

2. You have 2 feedbacks, one of which is from a person that you didn't leave feedback for, and has ZERO.

3. This is a very expensive machine.

Now please do not think that I am insinuating that you are dishonest. However, I am in college, and cannot afford to lose $1000. So here are the things that I am going to request.

1. Give me a phone number where I can reach you, or call me.
    2. I would like to see some pictures of it. Borrow a digital camera, or take some polaroids.
    3. You ship the machine first, and I will pay upon verifying that it is in working condition, and as stated.

Now, I know you are probably thinking that their is no way you would consider doing that, but I have just as much to lose as you do. On the other hand, you have 2 feedbacks, neither of which can be verified. I have 92. You have an email address that can be setup in 10 minutes, and I have one that can be verified and traced.

Please think about what I am saying, and put yourself in my shoes. Would you just send $1000 to someone with 2 feedbacks, and an untraceable email address? And I can't even see what the machine looks like!

As I said before, I DO want to purchase this from you, and I have every intention of doing so. I just want to be safe about it.

Thanks,
    D.C.

>===== Original Message From Graxxx
    <graxxx@hotmail.com> =====
    >Congratulations!
    >If you will send a money order for $980.00 ($905+$75 shipping) to me I will
    >send you the megatouch. Here's my address:
    >
    >Graxxx
    >701 xxxx
    >Cxxxx, TX 77xxx
    >
    >What's your address?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Graxxx
    >
    >
    >
    >_________________________________________________________________
    >Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com
    Last edited by DavemanUT; 01-20-2002 at 05:57 PM.
    Temporary sig...
    Athlon XP 2300+ (Tbred @ 11x170)/ Epox 8rga+/ 512 REAL Samsung PC2700
    80gb Western Digital SE/ Enermax 431w / LG16x10x40 / Aopen Slot Load DVD

Asus A7v133/1.0 duron @ 8.5x133 256 Crucial PC133 cas2
    Rage Pro AIW 12 meg/DVD drive/ SB Live / Maxtor 80gb D740X

HP ZE1201
    Athlon XP 1400+ / 256 megs of ram / 3com 802.11b wireless / WinXP Home / 14" TFT / 20gb / 8xDVD

Hello DavemanUT

Follow this link to E-Bay and you should be able to get the info you need.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...st#ContactInfo
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda