Page 779 of 861 FirstFirst ... 279679729769775776777778779780781782783789829 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 12911
  1. #11671
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    613

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    hye. fishing can't be as boring as c-span. i had ta stay home from school today cauyse i had food poisoning last night, and cspan was literally the best thing on.




  2. #11672
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens
    Posts
    4,117

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    oh man, that sucks. I've been that desperate once before in my life, then I forced myself to find something more interesting to do.... like watch the grass grow.

  3. #11673
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    613

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    actually (and scarily) it was kinda interesting because my U.S. Gov't class just finished the unit on Congress.




  4. #11674
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    N. New Joisey
    Age
    68
    Posts
    6,201

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Noorman and I met in Antwerp today, it was my 3rd meet-up with a PCpers person and my first Froggie face to face connection.

    It was great to meet with you and your wife (Noorman), I hope the weather holds for our tour Saturday.

    Looks like I'm down to 1 folder running ...
    the Britgeezer

    My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

  5. #11675
    Joined
    Feb 2001
    Location
    near the sea-port of Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    12,856

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    .

    Thanks John,

    glad to do that for a fellow Folder !


    I 've checked the EOC stats; as I look at the graphs, it seems you 're down to zero ( 3 days of zero output ... )


    You 'll have your work cut out when you 're back home / sorry !


    .


    Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

  6. #11676
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    613

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    very nice




  7. #11677
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Where else? The Airport!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Hey, guys...

    What's shakin around the Pond??

    Not much here. Just had my first day of flight training today. WooHoo!!! We didn't fly, but we're flying thursday. Ethan told me that I have to buy a plane and paint it green so when he's ready to learn, we've got a plane for him. It was hilarious! Running around and yelling "I'm gonna be a pilot, just like my dad!!" I'll bet it just burns the ex up watching my little mini-me act just like me. Haha, b*tch!!

    Anyway, in the next couple of months we're going to combine one of my lesson flights and a little pleasure flight for the little ones. They both went nuts. It was cute. Here's the type of plane I'm learning on and have flown. A Piper Cherokee Archer 2. Man. I can't believe I'm actually doing this...



  8. #11678
    Joined
    Dec 2001
    Age
    71
    Posts
    64,554

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    When ya get your own plane some day, it is mandatory that you give it a fwoggy paint scheme!!! And an external speaker rigged up to go wibbit wibbit wibbit from when the main gear touches down until ya park it!!

  9. #11679
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Where else? The Airport!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    When ya get your own plane some day, it is mandatory that you give it a fwoggy paint scheme!!! And an external speaker rigged up to go wibbit wibbit wibbit from when the main gear touches down until ya park it!!
    Of course!!

  10. #11680
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    613

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    When ya get your own plane some day, it is mandatory that you give it a fwoggy paint scheme!!! And an external speaker rigged up to go wibbit wibbit wibbit from when the main gear touches down until ya park it!!
    dont forget to post some pics wen u do




  11. #11681
    Joined
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Smithtown, NY usa
    Age
    75
    Posts
    3,333

    Thumbs up Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Wow starting right off with a low winger; that is impressive.

    I flew radio control airplanes for awhile.

    I loved it.

    Maybe I should get back into that hobby too.

    It was fun. Almost like real flying; not quite.

    You do have to learn how to fly an airplane even with radio control.

    The fun part is getting into stunts.

    I don't think I would ever try stunts in a real plane.

    Anyway, best wishes. Those low wingers are a lot more frisky than the high wingers.

    Ralph
    ASUS P5K-SE, Q6600, 2 GIG CORSAIR @2.7GHZ ATI X1900XT



    Watch This Wonderful Movie about the benefits of Folding

  12. #11682
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Where else? The Airport!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Yeah, Ralph. It does seem a little squirrely at times, but that will teach me the constant attention and adjustment skills that I need. Plus, the high wing plane at school has been modified and, for a beginner like me, would be too fast for me to even attempt to fly. I found out that my instructor had the engine tweaked, power flow exhaust installed, and the wings modified for more surface area. He can actually fly level with a nose down attitude. Yeah, negative angle of attack! You know what I'm talking about, don't you?? It also touches down at about 20 mph. Any faster and it still wants to fly. I'll use that plane for instrument and commercial training, but for now, I'll stick to the Archer....


    Pics of my own plane?? That's a little ways off, I'm afraid. I have to get through training first and then get my job somewhere. Although, I have started pricing out single engine planes though. It looks like I might be able to get a well maintained aircraft for between 50k and 70k. Which isn't that bad, but first things first...

    Anyway, I'll get pics of me and the little ones in about a month. Maybe I can get pics of me before then. It will depend on what my instructor says about it...

  13. #11683
    Joined
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Smithtown, NY usa
    Age
    75
    Posts
    3,333

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Well good luck with your lessons.

    I have flown under the guidance of my brother-in-law.

    He is retired from the Suffolk County Police ES squad. He handled all the hot situations.

    As part of his job , he learned to fly fix wing and also helicopter.

    So I have been at the controls with him up in the air.

    A negative angle of attack, I wonder where the CG is?

    It usually is in the middle of the wing centered in the fuselage.

    Sounds interesting.
    ASUS P5K-SE, Q6600, 2 GIG CORSAIR @2.7GHZ ATI X1900XT



    Watch This Wonderful Movie about the benefits of Folding

  14. #11684
    Joined
    Feb 2001
    Location
    near the sea-port of Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    12,856

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Afterburner View Post
    Yeah, Ralph. It does seem a little squirrely at times, but that will teach me the constant attention and adjustment skills that I need. Plus, the high wing plane at school has been modified and, for a beginner like me, would be too fast for me to even attempt to fly. I found out that my instructor had the engine tweaked, power flow exhaust installed, and the wings modified for more surface area. He can actually fly level with a nose down attitude. Yeah, negative angle of attack! You know what I'm talking about, don't you?? It also touches down at about 20 mph. Any faster and it still wants to fly. I'll use that plane for instrument and commercial training, but for now, I'll stick to the Archer....


    Pics of my own plane?? That's a little ways off, I'm afraid. I have to get through training first and then get my job somewhere. Although, I have started pricing out single engine planes though. It looks like I might be able to get a well maintained aircraft for between 50k and 70k. Which isn't that bad, but first things first...

    Anyway, I'll get pics of me and the little ones in about a month. Maybe I can get pics of me before then. It will depend on what my instructor says about it...
    .



    20 mph, that 's as fast or slower than a double-decker plane


    .


    Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

  15. #11685
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Where else? The Airport!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: The Folded Frog Pub and Eats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancin_Bear View Post
    Well good luck with your lessons.

    I have flown under the guidance of my brother-in-law.

    He is retired from the Suffolk County Police ES squad. He handled all the hot situations.

    As part of his job , he learned to fly fix wing and also helicopter.

    So I have been at the controls with him up in the air.

    A negative angle of attack, I wonder where the CG is?

    It usually is in the middle of the wing centered in the fuselage.

    Sounds interesting.
    It's an incredible feeling, isn't it??

    I have no idea what the CG would be in a maneuver like that. I don't know how to calculate weight and balance quite yet, but I will soon. It seems that we're covering more material than usual with each lesson. The info won't be a problem, just trying to find the time to hit the sim and fly, that's the problem. I fly twice a week, but I seem to only have enough time for the sim on Mondays, if I don't get called into work. That's a big if.....


    noorm, what's a double decker plane??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •